Three's Story... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Three's Story...

"Three" is our approx. 8 week old male manx mix. Three is a very special little kitten. He is named "Three" because I found him at 3 weeks old, he was abandoned 3x and he is our 3rd cat. I found him at 3 weeks of age in my aunt's shed. My cousin had told me that she had returned him 3x to his mother (next door neighbor's cat) with his littermates, but for some reason or another she kept seperating him from her other kittens. "Three" had gone, no one knows exactly how long with out milk/having a bowl movement. When I found him, his belly was bigger than his little head and he was still unable to walk (he had not mastered his legs yet.). My partner and I spent long nights getting up every hour to bottle feed him. We took him to the vet the day after we found him, he weighed 5oz, very healthy just little hungry, no fleas. He was a very healthy boy, just needed a "momma" figure to help him eat and pass bowl movements. Look likes we we're in this for the long haul. I will tell you, he stole my heart. He was determined by the vet that he is bow legged (back legs) which causes him slight disconfort when he is going poop. However, he has proven to the vet and us that his deformities will not slow him down. With some deworming and antibotics for a week, he no longer has pain going to the bathroom. He is 8 weeks old now, 14oz, been dewormed, running, jumping, eating solid foods/drinking water. He potty trained himself at 4 weeks old to use the litterbox (amazing to me!). He is affectionate, playful, fearless at times, comes to his name, getting better with his cordination and a little demon like most 8 week old kittens that get into everything. He is still looks as though he is only 5 weeks in height/weight/length as he is very small. Being left along for so long and having some deformities could have stunted his growth.

For those who may be wondering he is dewormed, scheduled for his first shots now that he has reached his eight weeks mark. He is also already scheduled for his 8 month mark to get "snipped". In 3 months he will have two other kittens to play with (one female, one male kittens currently only 4 weeks so not bringing them home yet obviously lol).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Cat

Re: Three's Story...

I wanna see pics.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Cool Cat

Thank you for taking him in.

A female can get pregnant before you even realize they are in heat. I would really rethink waiting until 8 months to get Three neutered.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

My Star and Lucky were neutered at 12 weeks old. Unless there's a medical condition, you can have Three neutered when he's 12 weeks old.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page