"Wake Up!" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

"Wake Up!"

I have two cats - a sweet, calm, mellow black-and-white one named Pepper, and a mischievous yellow tabby named Sunny. Once, on a Saturday morning, I was sleeping in, as I had a really long week. As I was just snoozing there, innocently, I feel a wet little something snuffling against my face. I opened my eyes and, lo and behold, Sunny's face was pressed right up against me! I was so startled I almost screamed, and Sunny leapt off.

After that, I went back to sleep, since I was still tired. That would not do for Sunny! He sat himself down in the middle of my room and started meowing in a steady rhythm. "Meow meow meow meow meow meow..."

I got frustrated and got up, picked him up, and put him outside my room. I then went back to sleep, and the disturbances stopped...

...For five minutes. Sunny walked through the cat door I have in my room and leapt onto a desk next to my light switch. I heard a little patting noise, and opened one eye - he was patting the fish food canister around, and looking at me evilly. Ignoring this, I just closed my eyes and began to fall back asleep...

Flip.

I heard a little flipping sound and suddenly, my room was filled with bright light. I scrambled out of bed and looked around, and what did I find? Sunny had his little arm extended towards the light switch, and was looking at me with this expression on his face, like, "Is that what it takes to wake you up?"

I was so impressed by my little kitty I forgot to be angry! I just woke up and fed him a kitty treat. Just shows how persistent a cat can be; especially if he's small, yellow, and named Sunny!

Last edited by marie73; 08-08-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: font
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Cat

That is too funny! LOL I know kitties are so smart, my Maxie plays fetch even, but I'd just about die if she figured out how to turn the light on! LOL Thats great, thank you for sharing
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Jr. Cat

I got woke up by my cat launching off my face once. I had big scratchs on my lip and cheek for a week. They're just kittens playing though, I couldn't be mad at them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
meow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Cool Cat

that's hilarious
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Jr. Cat

That's really great!
My cat, Booth, figured out how to turn on my alarm (unintentionally, of course) and off, and he even managed to set it to go off everyday. He just had to press the correct buttons but I was highly impressed that he managed to do that at all! Haha

I love cats!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Premier Cat

Good problem-solving skills! Maybe he wanted to watch cartoons!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Jr. Cat

Hahahaha! That story has just made my day! XD
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Cool Cat

Thanks for the laugh - you have one smart kitty there! Cute story.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
That's too funny! I wonder if he figured it out by watching you, or if he was just into mischief and swatted it by accident, therefore turning on the light. Once, when I was a kid, we were making a mess in the house with our antics so my mom kicked my sisters and I out to play outside for a while. She had the door locked and we were all pouting by the back door. All of a sudden our cat Rusty stood up, stretched his front legs forward and clicked open the lock on the back door! He's never done it again, but my sisters and I were like "sweet!"
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Nan
Cool Cat

Suuny, what a great story!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page