Gabby the highway 169 kitty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Gabby the highway 169 kitty

One day there was this lady driving down MN hwy 169 and she saw a little fluff ball moving on the shoulder. Being an animal lover she decided to stop and see if it needed help. What she found was a very young calico kitty (2-3 weeks old). The lady scooped up the kitty and took her home. Because the kitty was so young she knew it couldn't have just wandered off from her mama and siblings, she had been put there on purpose.

The lady took care of the kitty for a few days until she could convince her friend to adopt her. See, the lady already had lots of kitties and a small farm. The friend caved, because she loved calicoes so much, and adopted the abandoned kitten.

I was renting out the basement from the kittens new mama and helped take care of her. She was a sweetheart and a little pistol from the very start. She couldn't understand why the two other kitties (calico litter mates) didn't like her right away. Her current human and I were trying to figure out what to name her and it was decided that her name would be Gabby. It's funny because Gabby rarely talks.

It's now two and a half years later and Gabby's mom knew I was looking to get a kitty soon. Gabby's mom is going to be selling her house to move into something smaller and she knows she'll not be able to take all 3 kitties. So she called me and asked if I would adopt Gabby. I had to get some paperwork completed to be able to have her in my no pets allowed apartment building. They even made me get liability insurance for the 8 pound fluff ball I am able to get her because I am disabled due to anxiety and depression. I helped rescue her and now she'll help rescue me when I start to slide into the dark holes.

I've already got some of her favorite toys here plus a few more I made or bought. I also made her a cardboard box kitty condo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	2614  

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	2615  

Name:	gabby1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	2617  

Last edited by Gabby169; 05-09-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: change picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Cat Addict

She is stunning. What a beautiful cat.
You were clearly meant to be together, it just took a while.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Premier Cat

Congrats on getting Gabby! That's so great that you'll be able to take her. It's harrowing to think of her being on the side of a highway at such a young age.

Your box-condo looks awesome. I bet she'll love it.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Congrats on Gabby. Cats really do help those who suffer from anxiety and depression. I thought I had to give away my 3 kitties when I moved because there was a no pet policy. Only later did I find out I can have 1 cat with a Dr. Script. I adopted Sassy April 5th. She is helping to bring me back out of my shell. I have bipolar, anxiety and PTSD.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Senior Cat

She's aDORable!! X3
She reminds me of my first kitty, she really helped me with my depression..
I'm happy for you two

The dog may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry. - French Proverb
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to Natalie Jayne
Congrats on getting Gabby!! Awesome house you got for her too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page