Where did you get your cat/s? Breeder's, rescues, etc? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to KittieLover Send a message via Skype™ to KittieLover
Where did you get your cat/s? Breeder's, rescues, etc?

Hello Everyone
How did you get your kittys? From breeder's, shelter's, adopting them because they are homeless, etc?
I found Catty when I was going for a walk then took her home. Mum and I put an ad in the local newspaper and nobody took her in. So that's how I got my Catty I have had her for nearly 8 years now and she is 12.

I saw Kitty in the local newspaper and I got him from a purebreed Siamese cat breeder as an 8 week old kitten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Cat

I saw Eddie & Enzo on a facebook group as 'Free to good home' I know that often means 'dont care what happens as long as they are gone' so i took them because i know i will give them a good home and happy lives!
There was a girl on this facebook group who was taking all the animals that came up 'free to good home' and selling them on a different group.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Cat Addict

These cats here came from shelters!! I rather get a kitty from a shelter than a breeder..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Tom Cat

Cassie was found on the side of the road near our house(read as middle of nowhere) with another kitten. The other kitten hid in a pipe and Cassie was the only one we could get to.

We got Cherry at our local cat shelter.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Banned

I got Mia from the APL.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Cat Addict

Blaze was from a lady that had caught some feral kittens behind a dumpster. We stil gave her 50 dollars I think even though he was free.

Blacky was a semi-feral that started hanging around the property bcause my father left scraps of food outside for the wildlife. Took over a year to tame her.

My first cat Lucky was found underneath a stage my father was tearing down , only a few weks old and all alone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
and

Last edited by Carmel; 08-05-2011 at 12:17 PM.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Tom Cat

i got aster and cody from a local breeder. i am allergic to cats, there are times when i go into a house with cats, i start sneezing having trouble breathing from instantly to within a half hour. but really wanted to get kitties! i read about how siberians were a hypoallergenic breed and came to visit the breeder's home for an allergy test. hung out and chatted with her for an hour with about 5 of her girls in the room and did not sneeze or have any reaction once. i was so excited and put my name on a waitlist. fast forward 7 months later and we took 2 kittens home.

i would support getting a pet from a shelter if it weren't from my allergies. i know many people who just deal with their allergies and take medication and shots, but i didn't want to chance it.

Last edited by littlesushi; 08-05-2011 at 01:17 PM.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Cat Addict

Sherbert came from a pregnant cat that was dumped near our home when we lived in the country. Paws and Squeek from the same mom, before she was able to be fixed and rehomed. (back then we had not found a local vet that delt with cats... yes it was a long time ago.) BlackJack and Pepper came from a Siamese female that escaped a BYB and Sherbert brought home...(we kept that Oops litter, rehomed the kittens and bought, spayed and rehomed the female just to get her out of the situation once we found out where she came from). Archie we got from a shelter. He was in a cage for 4 months and looked like he had given up. Now he follows my daughter around everywhere.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to KittieLover Send a message via Skype™ to KittieLover
Wow, such amazing, interesting stories everyone!
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Premier Cat

We got our first kitten, a 8 week old brown mackeral tabby DSH girl from our neighbor who found 4 kittens in a paper bag in a ditch near her driveway. Unfortunately "Miss Moppet" was attacked by a neighbor's tomcat when she was 5 months old, and had to be put down because of her severe injuries. A few years later, a silvery-grey stubby tailed Russian Blue/Manx mix followed our kids home. Newspaper "found" ads and flyers didn't turn up any owners and we lived in a small town that didn't have an animal shelter, so "Max" stayed. He spurred my interest in Manx and lived to 17 yrs. A year after we fot Max I got into breeding reg'd Manx and did so for 18 yrs. My present two Devon Rex were purchased from a breeder. I'd admired Devons for a long time when I used to show my Manx. Just loved their pixie faces and soft wavey coats.

Last edited by catloverami; 08-07-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page