Another Rescue Kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Another Rescue Kitten

We were leaving the grocery store when we seen a kitten get tossed out the window of a care and it started running around the parking lot real scared. We got out and caught him. He looks like a mismarked Russian Blue. He is about in the same shape Lil' Miss Luna was in. Except his tummy was bloated and full of worms. We took him home and have been giving him panacur which the vet said is a 5 day treatment. We havent been able to decide on a name for him, so we been calling him Mr. Grey. Ill post pics as soon as my camera charges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Cool Cat

This is about the third time I've heard this horrible story. What is it with people and throwing LIVE cats out a window? I assume the car was moving, too?

Geez... I remember in the "good" ol'e days when people would dump cats at a farmer's field... at least they would stop and PLACE the cat in the grass, gently, holding it with their hands.

Now it's tossing them out of moving vehicles on roads and parking lots?? AURGH!!

Ahem...anyhoo, thank you so much for rescuing this little tyke! ^_^
You could name him Earl Grey, like the tea LOL
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Banned

That's just despicable, thank you giving this little guy a chance.
Earl Grey, I like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Senior Cat

A car? I didn't understand "...the window of a care" (what's a care) that is just unbelievable...how can... oh my I'm furious....I don't have words...

Thank you so much, you are an angel for little grey.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

We need pictures of the little guy.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Cool Cat

I only knew it was a car, because the rescue group I'm with have rescued animals that have been tossed out of windows (some people are "nice" enough to open the door and let the animal be closer to the ground).
Kittens mostly, but we've gotten puppies and adult cats, too. Also rescued a dog that "jumped" out the back of a pickup truck... though we figure dogs shouldn't be riding back there anyway. In fact, we just recently changed our paperwork for the adoption agreement to include that the new owners will never allow the dog to be in the bed of a moving truck, since we see so many injuries because of that.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Banned

Jerks that throw live animals from a moving car should be arrested, jailed and prosecuted for animal abuse, it's a despicable and cowardly act.
If you don't want you pet dump them down the night deposit shoot at the local pound.

Last edited by marie73; 09-25-2011 at 09:28 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Opps.. I meant car. Yes the car was moving, I was so furious. It took us awhile to catch him, but we did. The thing about the town that i live in is we only have a small "non-profit" shelter, and they refuse to take any animals in that actually need help. They tend to take in designer breed and purebreds in so they can raise the adoption fees on them. So people tend to just dump them out anywhere. We also dont have an animal control here either. Luckily we do have a few animal lovers in the town. I will post pics but cant get the camera to charge, ill have to get another battery for it first.
I like the name Earl Grey.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I agree that they should be arrested, but the police dont really care one way or the other about people dumping them. The one officer that does care, just calls me to come pick up an animal that needs help or a home
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaShay View Post
I agree that they should be arrested, but the police dont really care one way or the other about people dumping them. The one officer that does care, just calls me to come pick up an animal that needs help or a home
You must be the local crazy cat lady.
Hope the little guy gets better and responds to a little TLC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page