The Divine Miss M: From kitten to cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Cat

The Divine Miss M: From kitten to cat

The Divine Miss M arrived home along with her sister last Friday. I thought I'd do a little photo journal of her kittenhood.

4 weeks old (9/30/11) - Welcome Home!

Miss M

Miss O

You were underweight and too weak to put up much of a fight for handling, but you met the dogs and I quickly found out you could muster some real gumption with a powerful enough motivator, you know like all consuming hatred. Miss M you definitely deferred to your tiny, but none the less much bigger than you sister. You both attacked a bit of food and then settled in to the quiet and safety of your box. It's amazing how far you've both come, and I look forward to writing the five week post come Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Premier Cat

Oh my she is cute! She will grow into that name Im sure! What is the story behind her? Looking forward to seeing her photo journal.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I was back and forth between getting a kitten and not getting a kitten. Even committed a couple of times only to have it fall through. The last time ironically on a kitten their age that needed rehoming as part of a feral litter in an unsafe location. Friday, I go out to ride my bike and come home to find two little grey female kittens on the doorstep. Someone must have dumped them as there is ZERO sign of the mother, and none of the local intact females show signs of having been nursing. The only other possibility would be the feral that lives under my shed (and has taken an interest in them), but due to the dates of her last known pregnancy these kittens aren't at an age where they could be hers and she also shows no signs of having nursed recently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Premier Cat

Sound like it was suppose to be! On your doorstep! Great back story!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Cat

So tiny and sweet!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Talking

Tiny absolutely, sweet that's depends on their moods.

Miss O

Miss M

Today you are 5 weeks old. You saw the vet and were not impressed. However, he was impressed with you both. You've both slightly more than doubled your weights in the last week. Miss O, you are now the size of a four week old - only 1 week behind. Miss M, you are now the size of a three week old - only 2 weeks behind and slowly but surely catching up to Miss O who used to absolutely dwarf you. The vet fully expects that by 8 weeks you will have both fully caught up if not sooner. You had it rough in the start, but pretty soon no one will be able to tell. Next week you'll probably be dewormed and vaccinated, we'll know for sure when we see if you made weight or not. On to development - You are PRODIGEES my little loves. You still may not be the size of 5 week olds, but you have not only caught up on milestones, but surpassed your peers in some areas. You've learned to climb both up and down like pros. You're expert jumpers and pouncers. I worked a full day today, so you were particularly rambunctious when I got home. The vet got to see you at full speed. It's pretty funny to see such tiny balls of fur play so incredibly hard, and live so dangerously. You're definitely helping me learn not to be a helicopter parent. You are adventurous and fearless with Miss O taking the lead, but little Miss M you may start behind her, but then you are the one to persist. Miss M, you are starting to find your own. Twice already you've whomped your sister good for annoying you and being too rough, where as before she was the only one to do the whomping. You are also my socialization champ, but Miss O is catching up here. Today, Miss O not only did you accept my loving, but you came to me for lovins'. You both love your box to pieces and jump back in on your own after playtime. You no longer swim in it. I'll have to set up new accomodations soon, but no worries - I'll include mimis. You've both hit the point where you understand this yummy food thing is going to appear every single day and now play and then eat. All in all you are not the same kittens that came into my life a week ago, other than that pesky - MUST. KILL. THE. DOGS. thing - you are an absolute joy and I am so very happy to know that you will have the chance to grow up here and live out your lives well fed, cared for, and loved.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Senior Cat

What a great story! It was definitely meant to be Congrats!

And boy, are they gorgeous!! I love grey kitties. Thanks for the pics!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Cat Addict

Cute story!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Week 6:
Miss M

Miss O

Week 7:
Miss O

Miss M

Oh my girls, how you've grown. You are now both expert pottiers and buriers although Miss M you did have some issues getting there. You would diligently dig your hole and then forget to either step forward or turn around leading to your business being directly outside your hole. You would then fill in said hole, turn around, find said business and scramble over to me crying as if to complain that IT JUST WON'T STAY BURIED MOM. I'm pretty sure your behavior included the kitty equivalent of a stomp and pout. Miss O you dwarf your sister. You have an appointment that you don't yet know about to nip the baby making in the bud before it can begin in a little over four weeks. Miss M, we're waiting to see if you make weight and then we'll decide if that appointment is a double or if you go in on your own a couple of weeks later. Miss O, you've also turned into quite the little lover and turn into putty in my hands. This is quite the relief as you were a tough nut to crack. Miss M, you on the other hand like the lovins', but would much rather be off getting into trouble. It's been fun so far, and it's just incredible to look back at pictures from you three weeks ago and see just how far you've really come.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quick question, what color marking is Miss M? Miss O is pure grey, but Miss M has very faint black striping and the tabby M on her forehead. I thought silver tabby, but the markings are very, very faint. The difference on her body is so minor that she looks like her hair is different lengths if you're looking from a certain distance and they are so light that from far enough you cannot tell at all that she's not all grey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page