Waiting for kitten blues - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Waiting for kitten blues

ok. I know it is in my best interest to WAIT before getting another kitten. We miss our poor Teddy kitten, Pazu is soooo blue.
We have the vet bills to pay off.
I need to wait the three months as recommended to be sure there is no lingering corona virus in the house before getting a new baby...

But but but

I am so obsessed over looking at little ones and dreaming of a chance to maybe start working with a kitten to become a therapy cat...

Sigh. Winter blues dont help either.

March can't come quick enough...

And then I see babies like this and I just MELT....waiting will make it that much sweeter, but can I just get a hug?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	45594  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Premier Cat

WHY wait??? I mean really, WHY?? What purpose does it serve? As you know we lost our Zipper only 2 days after bringing Coco here. She has helped us tremendously with her cute cuddling antics and worming her way into our hearts since Zip passed Tuesday morning - only a couple days ago. I can't imagine grieving without this fuzzball. Your son certainly would love another kitten to cherish, Pazu would love a new friend, and it will do your heart so much good. There is absolutely no really good reason to wait unless the one you REALLY want just won't be available until then.

MANY hugs to you!! I know it hurts to miss your Teddy.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I am so worried about the possibility of a new kitten catching the corona virus from Pazu or our household, I can't go through FIP again.
I was advised by the ER vet to wait 3 months to be sure the house and Pazu are clear of any lingering corona and to get Pazu's stools checked for any shedding of the virus...

That is the main reason,...
Plus the lingering bills. I need to pay those off now and then I'll be ready...

But yeah, emotionally it would do us all some good...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Cat Addict

Go to your local shelter and pet and play with the kitties, if they allow that, to get your kitten fix while you're waiting for FCoV clearance.

p.s. I'm not sure about the vet's 3 month recommendation, but I'm not going to debate it. So little is known about FIP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Premier Cat

Oh, I didn't realize there were medical reasons for the wait! I would heed the vet's advise! I agree with Jeff, a shelter would probably like you visiting - and seeing the life of a shelter cat enriched by tender loving from a boy. You all would benefit and it would help ease the transition to Ted. E. Bear......just making up a new name for the new kitten here!

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks, guys! Maybe a little kitten play therapy is in order, there just seem to be so few kittens here. The ones the shelter has are in foster care or the sick bay,...will do some checking
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Premier Cat

Even a young cat can be wonderful to play with. We had a 3 year old named Bon Nuit that was a playing machine! They need lovin, too!! 1, 2, and 3 year olds are great playmates for a battered heart.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Cat Addict

That is one cute kitten! I would have trouble resisting that. I would wait. I was told by our breeder not to bring our dog to public places before 6 months even after being vaccinated for Parvo. Well we did and he got Parvo. Luckily he recovered but why take the chance?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

*Hugs* for sure. I would have such a hard time waiting too - like Marcia says the new cat/cats don't take the place of the one you have lost but they bring light, laughter and love into your home to help you heal from that loss.

You will get there though - you are being so sensible in waiting, and thereby giving your new little one the best possible shot at a long and healthy life.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Premier Cat

Speechie I sure can understand how hard it would be to resist such an adorable ball o fluff like that kitten!!
Sigh....waiting can be soooo hard...
Hugs and Prayers!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page