Scary moment with a wasp! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Scary moment with a wasp!

Last night I was going upstairs and I found a massive wasp on the landing. Tosca was watching the insect from a distance. However, Suzie was right up next to it pawing it. It wasn't flying but buzzing angrily and crawling around. It was very scary. Luckily no one was stung. I honestly think Suzie would have eaten it given half a chance. I managed to get it under a cup and out into the garden. What a nightmare!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Cool Cat

Ohh thats scary! Cats seem to have to fear with things smaller than them, no matter how dangerous! I dont know how many times ive walked outside and caught Mystery trying to eat a bug he caught in the grass when i let him out. One time i told him to drop it and it was a huge spider! I was like, jeez, dont play with that! >_<

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Cat Addict

LOL I can see all the "players" in that arena of action now! Sorry didn't mean to laugh, but I do know what it's like. Belle is my official bee eater. Sadie doesn't mind the odd one every now and again to round out the spiders, I suppose.

I happened to see one day when Belle was obviously stung on her paw, she gave the paw a shake then kept licking it for a few minutes off and on but STILL focused on the bee! lol She eventually got it, then proceeded to chomp on it. He paw never swelled up like a golf ball, which surprised me.
I know when B.B. got stung, yearrrrsss ago, she had the biggest club foot LOL. She slept the whole day, then got up the next day like nothing happened.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Aww poor BB! Mystery sounds cute chasing bugs in the garden Britty.

I have to admit if we ever get a spider in the bath. I pick up Susan, drop her in the tub and leave her there for a few minutes. I come back and theres no more spider! Wasps scare me a lot more than spiders, I think probably because spiders arn't poisonous here.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Premier Cat

Good thinking, getting it under a cup! Did you put anything over it? Once, I had a Yellowjacket in my apartment. I shkooshed it with shaving cream, put it on a paper plate, then tossed it outside. She freed herself, then buzzed on!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemilk View Post
I shkooshed it with shaving cream, put it on a paper plate, then tossed it outside. She freed herself, then buzzed on!
Thats good thinking xD i need to remember this next time one finds its way into our home. I cant stand bees >_<

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page