Thinking about fostering kittens or a mom and kittens! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thinking about fostering kittens or a mom and kittens!

Today I was at Petco and Action Program for Animals was there having dog and cat adoptions. They are having a "Save a Kitten" fundraiser on Friday to help with the costs of this year kitten season. They are hoping to save and place 300 kittens. So, I got to talking to one of the ladies and before I realized it the next words that come out of my mouth are "Do you need help?". So she gets me the paperwork and information, they have a foster class and they do a home inspection. I have a vacant room upstairs that is big and bright, quiet that I think would be perfect. I still have not talked to my husband about it (I am afraid he might say no!) but it would be so nice to be able to do more! I will let you know what happens! As you can see I am super excited just thinking about it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Tom Cat

AHH! I can't believe no one commented on this, I think that is super exciting and I hope you do end up doing it.. it's so rewarding, have you ever fostered a pregnant Mom cat before?

I had a foster cat last year who had a litter in my house on April 11th, 2013, and man oh man, I was so attached to those kittens, I am so happy for all of them as they all got wonderful homes & I still am in contact with the homes and get to see pictures and I know how they're all doing. <3 They were my very first litter I have ever had born in my home through fostering, and I am excited for this kitten season to foster another pregnant momma cat and have some more kittens. <3

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you!

Danielle & the seven meowzers.
Eechy, Boogeyman, Sophie, Ramona, Luigi, Sampson & Henry.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Premier Cat

Oh my goodness! Catlover Danielle is right! How did we miss this?!
Jetlaya, just from other things you've posted, I think you'd be terrific at this!! I hope you decide to do this and I hope with your husband's understanding!!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:46 PM
Cat Addict

ohhhhhhhhhh a mom and her kitties...i would DIE!!!!!! too cute!!!! it would be wonderful if you could!! it would be wonderful if we all could
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Premier Cat

Jetlaya, did you end up fostering the kittens?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Not yet. I have not taken the fostering class. I will let you know how it all goes.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:39 AM
Premier Cat

I don't mean to sound nosy, but -well, I am nosy. You said you hadn't talked to your husband in case he said no...Just wondering whether there's any news on that front?

And feel free to tell me none of my business!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 03:31 AM
Premier Cat

I have a mom and 5 babies right now! They are about 10 days old and just as cute as can be. Zoey is such a good momma, I really don't do anything except bring her food and sweet talk her - she does all the work. I changed her bedding yesterday and there was not one speck of dirt or poop or anything else on it! What a good momma. I'm so amazed at how big the babies have gotten in just a few day!
You will love the experience - I am so far.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 05:22 AM
Cat Addict

I would be just hopeless at this, far too emotional when its a bad situation and I know i would just get too attached to every one that crossed my path. So I totally admire everyone who can do this and so help. I have become a good fund raiser and promoter for shelters in UAE.
Good Luck with becoming a fosterer.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post
I don't mean to sound nosy, but -well, I am nosy. You said you hadn't talked to your husband in case he said no...Just wondering whether there's any news on that front?

And feel free to tell me none of my business!
Oh, no! Feel free to ask anything! I have been waiting for the right time on that front too. The lat two weeks have been hectic for everyone here. Now that there is peace and quiet (no tax season, no high school proms, no more choir rehearsals, business picking up, etc. etc.) I can talk to him. He says he is not really an animal person, however he was the one that stayed up with my dog Lilly when she was terminal and loves that Nyska has chosen him as her person. Nyska will sit on his lap if given any lap choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page