do you ever wonder about your cat's parents? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

do you ever wonder about your cat's parents?

Look at your kittens/cats, for us that don't know the parents, and wonder what gorgeous little creatures could have created such an adorable little thing?

I can't help but wonder what on earth Artemis's parents looked like since she has such a funny little face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Premier Cat

I don't wonder about his parentage,, but I do wonder about his past humans. The shelter said he was a stray, but he has ZERO outdoor savvy. He'll walk right out in front of a moving car when he's out on the leash.

I always wonder how such a sweet affectionate guy ended up in kitty jail.

ETA: I also wonder what he looked like and acted like as a little kitten, since I adopted him as an adult.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Premier Cat

All. The. Time!! What must Missy's parents have looked like to create such an adorable, sweet, funny thing like her almost 2 decades ago??!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

I don't really think about it, but I would love to see Cali and Charlee's parents, and Cleo's. When Cinderella got sick, someone here (Merry?) found her parents on the internet for me, since I had their names on her paperwork. She was an adult when I got her, but Birman kittens are freaking adorable. Every time I see one, I melt.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
I don't wonder about his parentage,, but I do wonder about his past humans. The shelter said he was a stray, but he has ZERO outdoor savvy. He'll walk right out in front of a moving car when he's out on the leash.

I always wonder how such a sweet affectionate guy ended up in kitty jail.

ETA: I also wonder what he looked like and acted like as a little kitten, since I adopted him as an adult.
Me too. I don't really think about their feline parents, but I always wonder who gave Celia up - and just before Christmas! - because she's so sweet. She did have a very serious case of ear mites though. Margaux was brought to the shelter after she was hit by a car, but no one claimed her. I always wonder if her human couldn't - or didn't want to - pay for the treatment and so relinquished her.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Cat

I wonder about both. What their kitty parents looked like and what their former human counterparts were like. Hera's human owner threw her out of a car onto a very busy road when she was a kitten. That is one I will pass on knowing.

Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

Our home belongs to Hera, Zeus, and Athena.
And there are some humans here too!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 02:12 AM
Cool Cat

I know what Mystery and Shadow's parents look like. But knowing just makes me wonder HOW? Because they look nothing like their parents xD Their dad was a brown striped shorthair named Tiger and their mom was a long haired orange, brown, and black... calico? Then you look at Shadow and Mystery and wonder how they came into the picture since they look nothing like their parents nor each other xD when they have the same mom and dad.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Banned

I also wonder about both the felines and the humans in my cats' past. When I was a kid (and clueless, and so was my whole family apparently) we always had female cats that always had kittens. It was just the way it was back then, I guess. There was not the awareness or acceptance that spaying was the way to go. I think also there was not as much overpopulation then - at least we never had trouble finding good homes for all of our kittens that I remember. Anyway, what I was going to say is that was one of the most intriguing parts for me about seeing kittens born and growing up - the expression of the genetics. Since we never really knew what neighborhood tom was the father, we always tried to guess depending on what the kittens looked like.

As far as the humans go, I've always wondered why the cats I have adopted from shelters were given up. Or maybe they were just neglected and left outside to be trapped by rescue groups - either way it wasn't any kind of care, and I just can't fathom that.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Banned

I know the parents of the 5 we rescued because we fed the ferals that created them. We finally caught the poor momma cat and had her fixed. The lone boy that came a year later, I do wonder about. I also wonder who could have dumped a sweet boy like him but realize cats run out of the house, sometimes to the anxiety of the owners.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Cat

Actually I do wonder what Jessie's parents looked like. I wonder how she got to be a Red Ticked Tabby with Agouti pattern - what it would take. I imagine the papa must have been an orange tabby of some kind because I think that coloring is on the X chromosome.

In my imagination I see a calico mama and orange papa - but I don't know. The little girl rescued herself by showing up in a parking lot and mewing for attention. A kind person took her to a no-kill shelter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page