My cat is missing! ** update - he's home ** - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Cat

My cat is missing! ** update - he's home **

I am absolutely heartbroken right now!
My male cat Whisper got out yesterday afternoon and he hasn't come back!
I walked everywhere with the treat bag and called his name, after I covered that I drove around, parked the car and walked around. I talked to neighbors, I went to the convenience store here (where everybody stops to gossip) and I have posted on facebook. I tell every person I meet how he looks like and where to find me.

I might have napped in total for about 2 hours on the couch last night! I went outside routinely and looked for him.

My eyes are puffier than rice crispies and I've had the hiccups for about 4 hours now and no signs of them stopping!

I am emotionally, mentally and physically drained!
I am getting ready now to put up posters everywhere.

Please, please, please send prayers or ask Karma to bring him home. Whatever you believe in - please use it for me!
I'll take any words of encouragement you can spare because I have just about lost it in the 19 hours he's been gone!

Last edited by marie73; 05-11-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Cool Cat

Oh, I have been there, I am sorry whisper is missing!! Gentle hugs to you!

Pazu got out last year, I was so distraught. A nh website gave some great tips and links for when your cat is missing. Look here: http://www.catfinders.org/search-tips/
One of the things they say is that your cat may still be very close by, hidden in your yard even, but silent. It was true for us, Pazu was under our deck and in the bushes out front, but silent even when I had food for him...
Don't give up hope. I put out food on our deck in the evening and sat vigil waiting , he came home 48 hours after he snuck out...
Prayers being sent.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Banned

I have been there as well. Still searching for my cat, Cuddles. Keep doing what you are doing, with the treat bag, shake it as you are calling your cats name. I have some friends in Canada (took a look at your profile to see where you are located) who can keep an ear and eye open for your cat. Please describe your cat so that I can spread the word to them.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It is heartbreaking to know that our little fur babies are out there somewhere really lost. All kinds of things go through your mind.

Have you checked inside? Just to make sure that he isn't hiding inside. My sister's cat did this and she thought he got outside, he was under the bed where the springs are.

I hope Whisper is found safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Senior Cat

Sending good vibes your way! I'm sorry hear, I know how stressful this is. Our previous cat Ginny once went missing for 5 days. We nearly went insane and finally found her locked in the neighbours basement.

Sent from Petguide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Premier Cat

Bibiak, I am so sorry!
I to, have had a cat sneak out in the past...
And I know how you feel!
I put up posters with his picture on them and "Reward" in big letters...
MattCat finally found his way back two weeks later...I never gave up looking for him...
If Whisper did indeed get out, he may be closer than you think, like others have said, hiding in bushes or under a deck, etc...
And Cats can find places to hide in a house, that you never knew you had!
Hugs and Prayers for a Safe and Speedy return of Whisker.
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Cat Addict

Oh I know that feeling. A number of years ago I had a beautiful black cat Thomas who went missing for about 5 days. We had hunted all over and knocked on doors, posters etc. On the 5th day as I pulled up in our drive Thomas came trotting towards me, filthy, hungry but very happy to see me .he had obviously got locked in someone's shed or garage. He was less advebterous after that and became almost a total indoor act the rest of his 16 yrs of his life. I so hope whisper comes home. Hugs and wishes are with you
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Premier Cat

Whisper return home! Whisper return home! Whisper return home!
I'll keep that mantra in my head and send positivity energy to you as well.
I hope his outdoor visit is short-term only, and he finds his way back to you in good health!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Update!

Ohhh my gosh guys!

I just got back from being out all day looking and spreading flyers!

I am froze but I am heading out again - I need to take down the posters that I did put up!

Whisper is home!

He is warm, dry and starving! Not a scratch on him and he is purring away eating a can of his favorite food!

I was a street over from my own, walking back home when this little booger came running when I tried calling! Tail straight up, going like a rattlesnake!
He purred all the way home!

He's getting a collar with all the info put on him, just in case this ever happens again! I think I lost a decade off my life and got a few gray hairs in these past 24 hours!

I am so glad he was "only" gone this long! 48 hours?! 5 days?! 2 weeks?!
I was ready to crawl in bed when I was coming home, I was so overcome with..... I don't even know what feelings! Terror mostly I think! :O

Thank you guys so much for your support and well wishes! It obviously worked! Quicker than I thought too! You guys are good!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat

P.S. I don't know how to change the title on the thread so it says there is an update! Sorry about that!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Premier Cat

YAY! WHISPER is HOME!!!
Happy Dance, Happy Dance for you!!
:p:pup:up:

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page