I want another cat! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I want another cat!

So I love my kitty Annie, but I really want to get another kitten so she has a pal. Hubby says no. We are in an apartment (but a pretty big one!) so idk if he's just being a butt or what! Lol. He says he doesn't want to have to pay for another spay/neuter surgery but I know I could go to the shelter and get a young cat that's already been fixed! Grrr

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Premier Cat

If he controls the finances (as indicated above) is it a good idea? Is he going to be willing to provide vet care for this cat? Is he going to resent the cat and treat it with indifference or even mean-ness?

I think you also need to think hard about if you really want a companion for your cat Annie or if *YOU* just want another young cat to play with.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Cool Cat

yeah, not that this is everyone's situation, but definitely take enough time to really think if it's you or your kitty who needs another pal like mowmow said.

we were really stupid in our own situation. they TOLD us at the shelter that angel preferred to be an only cat, but NOOOOO!!! we were convinced she was lonely and needed a pal. being total newbies to the cat world, we ended up within 9 months with 3 cats that didn't get along! OMG. the time and financial commitment was huge. keeping them separated for a long time, watching them constantly when they were together to make sure no one got too bullied, feeding them at different times and feeding them 3 totally different diets! unbelievable. my physical and mental health went down the tubes. i was so drained. as was our bank account since 2 of them were seniors with health problems. $10,000 in 1 year for vet and emergency vet visits mainly. think of me before you bring home another kitty.

i've already decided in the future, i am ONLY adopting senior cats who prefer to be only cats so i am not tempted to bring home more. and in the future, i will believe them when they tell me she is an ONLY cat. phew!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page