Carnivores can be horrible sometimes! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Carnivores can be horrible sometimes!

This morning I went to take the rubbish out and found Tosca gorging herself on a dead bird. It really turned my stomach. As I left for work Henry was stood in the garden with a feather hanging out of his mouth. Tosca had obviously favoured him enough to share a little of her prize. I do love cats and I always will and I do understand they are hunters. It is just a shock sometimes remembering they arn't the tame cutesy little fluffy things I sometimes let myself think they are. To be fair our lot don't really do a lot of hunting. I was gardening the other day with Suzie nearby. Then I heard a horrible shriek and saw Suzie dancing around the bushes. I got up and distracted her and whatever it was got away but oh the look she gave me was precious! There was a beautiful bumble bee in the garden too that you don't see all that often. Henry was pawing it and I was about to grab him to get him out of the way when he quickly gobbled it, crunched it and purred at me looking delighted. I wonder if it tasted of honey?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TinyPaws; 06-03-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Premier Cat

I know EXACTLY how you feel! When I watch these tiny kittens go after toys with a vengeance, I'm glad they are indoor only! I know Coco would probably kill for sport any bird and baby duck in the yard!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Banned

I was watching Wildlife Docs on Saturday morning, and it was all about big cats. Tigers, lions and cheetahs. When the preview came on I called out "Sheeelly! They're showing your relatives on here!"

She was laying in the middle of my bed, and didn't feel like getting up.

Hard to believe sometimes that our little kitties are related to those big cats. Until they climb up to some high point (like the top of my 6' bookcase) and start giving those "you are my minion" looks. Or when they go after the wand toy mouse... that's when Shelly has me convinced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Premier Cat

Banjo is the resident "Closet Lion" here!
Sweet cuddly teddy bear will suddenly change into the huter elite! And when he grabs Da Bird,
he's all growls, warning the rest away! Than he'll try and get it to a lair somewhere, where he can relish his poweress!

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Cat Addict

Since I had a hunter, I became adjusted to the carnage. Luckily not so many birds. They really can seem like wild animals at times but ones that like cuddling too!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Big cats are so beautiful, I always think Suzie looks like a mini puma ! And I am really going to have to give Da Bird a go one of these days!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

^^^ GET IT!!!!! Your kitties will thank you!! Shelly and I had quite the play session last night, to the point where I had to cut it short because she was starting to pant, something I've never seen a cat do before. It was hot and stormy last night, and I don't have my window AC's installed yet (may do the bedroom one tonight, though!). She ended up sprawled out on the kitchen floor under the ceiling fan, while I turned off just about every light in the apartment to try to cool things off.

You'll need to find a good hiding place for it. I had put it on top of a small stack of books on top of the CD shelf right by the couch. I heard a crash at one point - she had gotten up on the couch arm and dragged it off, knocking some of the books onto the floor. Also, see if you can find the replacement attachments for the "bird" itself - at the rate we're going, the one it comes with won't last very long!

I managed to take some video while she was playing - I never knew this cat was such a jumper. She's leaping straight up in the air and doing these aerial spins. She got quite a few "kills" and then she didn't want to let go of it at first (she's been possessive of all of her toys like that in the beginning). Wow... no wonder Da Bird is recommended so much for play therapy and for exercise.

Last edited by AutumnRose74; 06-04-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page