Have your cats ever healed you? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

ndiniz, that indeed coincides with what the article says about ligaments and bones...

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Premier Cat

I'm a firm believer in the healing power of the purr.

When I'm not feeling well my boys always rally around me, even when they didn't get along. They'd come to a tentative and temporary truce. MowMOw up close to my face where I can bury my face in his fur and Book always on the other side of me against my side where I can reach over and stroke him.

I can practically feel my BP lower when we're all cuddled down like this.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Cool Cat

My cats always make me feel better when i'm sick or unwell... or in any kind of pain. Its usually Mystery, he will lay near or on whatever is hurting me and purr up a storm. Or if i'm simply sick he will lay near my face and purr to me. It helps me alot xD the other two also become more affectionate and lay by me more often, when Mystery isnt around, to help me feel better, usually Shadow. I find it amazing ^_^ they always really do make me feel better while theyre with me.

Shadow's behavior changes whenever my sister is sick or hurting, he tends to stay in bed with her and not move all day. For a cat who likes to cry at the door every 10 mins, this is a pretty big change xD

Ashes is the one who shocks me the most. He isnt an affectionate cat all that much, and prefers sleeping away from people. But whenever my little 4 year old brother is in bed sick, Ashes becomes unseperable from him. They make the cutest little team. I will hear mom yell from the other room "Ashes, get off of him!" And my brother tell her back "No mommy, he is my buddy! I want him to lay on me." xD Ashes will stay near him until he feels better. Its so adorable and so amazing, because as miserable as my brother may feel, he does seem happy to have Ashes by him. Cats definitly are capable of healing in many ways xD

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Tom Cat

Kipling stays with me and doesn't leave my side whenever I'm ill and stuck in bed. He purrs continually and washes my face on and off. My husband brings up his food and a litter box to our room as Kip won't leave and will go without eating. It does drive me a little nuts but makes me feel better at the same time.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The ear ache hasn't come back, by the way. And Princess hasn't done that strange thing again at all.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Premier Cat

Hmmm, have they ever "healed" me? I can say without a doubt they have brought joy, peace and inner strength, so YES, I guess that qualifies as healing.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Healing? I'm not sure...at least for physical healing. Emotional healing? Then definitely! I remember about a day or two after we lost Smokey, I was sitting on the couch crying. Star, who was also very close to Smokey, came and sat in my lap and stayed there for a good 45 minutes to an hour. He and I comforted each other while we both grieved for a cat who shouldn't have died the way he did...

----------
Renée
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Cat

My cat hasn't "healed" me, but it's really amazing that they know when we aren't feeling well. One time I had a migraine and I was lying on the couch trying to sleep and my cat jumped up on the couch, and walked up and down my body about 3 times (my mom joked that he gave me a "cat scan". lol), as if he was trying to sense where I was hurting. And then when he figured it out he laid down on my pillow against my head and purred. He didn't heal my migraine, as I still had it when I woke up, but he took care of me the way he knew how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page