Lion lovers? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Lion lovers?

ok- who loves lions? I plan to one day (my dream) go to South Africa and meet Kevin Richardson (the lion whisperer) and work at his kingdom, meet the Big Cat Diary crew (no longer on BBC), AND LIVE WITH THE LIONS for a couple months.

I love cheetahs too. Even hyenas are cool. Kevin raises them all and they love him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Tom Cat

That would be awesome! Any cat, any size, I love them all!
How old are you? I'm 56 so the odds of my doing anything like that get slimmer by the day. Besides that, I'd never find anyone who would want to petsit all of my kids!
Are you in, or plan to be in classes for animal health/science? That would probably help. Use the trip as part of the studies or even an internship!
Oh, oh, become a vet in a zoo! How cool would that be!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsKatt View Post
That would be awesome! Any cat, any size, I love them all!
How old are you? I'm 56 so the odds of my doing anything like that get slimmer by the day. Besides that, I'd never find anyone who would want to petsit all of my kids!
Are you in, or plan to be in classes for animal health/science? That would probably help. Use the trip as part of the studies or even an internship!
Oh, oh, become a vet in a zoo! How cool would that be!!
I'm 41. I'm not at all into biology though. Believe it or not Kevin has NO SPECIAL TRAINING. He used to be a chiropractor. His good friend asked him for help raising a couple lion cubs and voila.. he took over the place, has his own website, youtube, written a book, made a movie and has hundreds of volunteers working for him at his huge "kingdom".

I am fearless with animals and am amazing with cats and dogs. Lions are wild and huge but I just know I would do amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 02:10 AM
Banned

I know a vet who is one test/exam away from becoming a zoo vet. I would love to see lions and tigers in the wild and up close. It would be awesome!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 02:25 AM
Senior Cat

I've always loved the big cats too. A few years ago I was in Tanzania and got to see wild lions, cheetahs and even one leopard. It was amazing, they're so beautiful and majestic.

Sent from Petguide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
I've always loved the big cats too. A few years ago I was in Tanzania and got to see wild lions, cheetahs and even one leopard. It was amazing, they're so beautiful and majestic.

zuma- which reserve did you visit?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Premier Cat

I LOVE lions and tigers. In fact, my classroom has always been decorated with lions and tigers....some call it the Lion's Den!

...Always in my heart... Mocha....Nov. 13, 2002 - Dec. 6, 2013
.... Slave to Bengal Cats....Luna, Mystik, Simba, Komet, Meli,
Spark
, and Star
.....and a collection of kittens at various times.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 04:09 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover4ever View Post
zuma- which reserve did you visit?

I was in the Serengeti, Ngorogoro Crater, Lake Manyara and Tarangire. It was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. If you get a chance, go for it.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Cool Cat

I love large cats as well as the small ones xD lions and tigers. I adore panthers. Jaguars and cheetahs. Leopards and even the little linx. I've always wanted a panther or tiger lolz. Large cats are so cool xD

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Cat Addict

Ummmmm DUH!!!!!!! i love ALL cats...i've always wanted to hug a lion or tiger i do LOVE cheetahs!!!! and cougars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page