Animal afterlife - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Premier Cat

I must have missed the post that said they wanted to own pets in heaven..... I saw some mentioning wanting to meet the pets they own now....(also, I think there are few of us who would say they 'own' their cats).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 09:27 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
I've thought about this quite a bit since it was posted. I'm not religious and I don't believe in the idea of heaven of the scriptures. Yet, like katdad said, energy cannot be destroyed, only converted.
etc etc
zuma, you seem to understand the spiritual aspect of these things perfectly.

For most Judaeo/Christian people, most don't really believe in a bearded, white-haired and very Anglo-appearing Renaissance-style God wearing a white robe. They more intellectually understand that this is only symbolic.

Likewise, most scientifically trained people (I know this -- my degree is in chemistry, plenty of physics) still "imagine" the atom as a miniature solar system, the electrons orbiting the nucleus like planets around a sun. When in fact electrons are a probability wave. The "solar system" analogy is just a handy meme.

It seems that your spiritual concept of an "afterlife" is similar, a logical and conceptual aspect.

There certainly aren't angels sitting around on clouds playing harps in "heaven" -- nothing could be more boring -- but if such a place is possible for our earth-bound minds to grasp, it's instead a perfection of what we have here, all pain and anguish taken away, and so on.

My point being this... belief in a spiritual "afterlife" does not need to be predicated upon mythological concepts of a stormy, super-santa god (or Valhalla w. swords and battle, ha ha) as the basis. Instead a solid concept of a burgeoning and extended spiritual existence.

And that certainly allows and I'd guess ensures the concomitant continued existence of our beloved pets as well.

To do otherwise would (as I see it) violate the principles of energy (souls and spirits being made of pure energy) disappearing, when in fact energy can only be transmuted and transformed, not destroyed. This is a fact of physics. And that transmutation of our (and our pets') spiritual energy into something more pure and transcendent is very understandable and quite possible, even for those, such as you, who may not be very "mainstream" religious.

Bottom line, yes, our beloved pets continue forward. At least that's how I see it.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 07:53 AM
Cat Addict

I believe in a God who is loving and just - animals didn't screw up - people did - so I don't believe He would exclude them for our failings.

On a more personal level, I am inclined to "see" things and although I am only allowed to see so far, I've seen enough to feel confident in myself that animals are there and are with the people with whom they had special relationships.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page