Proud Cat Mama - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Proud Cat Mama

Today I am a proud cat mama so I had to brag a little bit. Took Isa in for her one year from when I adopted her check and shots today. She hadn't been to a vet since her last checkup from her claw issues (at 4 months).

She was awesome! She didn't think much for the car ride there but was wonderful once I got there.

They seated us in the cat waiting room. We waited for a little bit and then got called back. She was very inquisitive, smelling the vet tech for all she was worth, looking around. When the vet came in she touched her all over doing then normal check for whatever they look for and she was purring with her eyes half shut. She didn't even notice her shots and then rolled over for a belly rub from the vet!

Isa is now 11.3 pounds and the vet said she has great body condition. They told me she may add on a little bit more yet but she is a big built cat...long and lean. They are used to having overweight cats so she was a nice surprise. And her demeanor was great too...usually they get hissed at or the cats try to bite. Told me to keep doing what I am doing.

She is now asleep on my lap. They warned me she would most likely be more sleepy than normal for a day or two as a result of the shots. She was going after her duck toy like a fiend earlier though so I think she is ok otherwise. Isa is my first cat so it is nice to know that I am doing something right (it sounds like she is a dream though compared to some so I guess I chose well when adopting).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 11:16 PM
Cat

Sounds like you got yourself a sweetie pie! Love the name Isa!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Cat Addict

That is really sweet and sure takes a lot of stress off everyone. What a lovey dovey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 11:51 PM
Cat Addict

Well done Isa, it's so much better when they are not bothered.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Kitten

You've got a great cat, and she has a great mom! My cats have also always been cooperative at the vet, if not enjoying it, and vets always remark on it. I guess they get clawed and bitten a lot!

Cat Lover JCG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page