Unexpected places to find cool cat stuff? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Unexpected places to find cool cat stuff?

This is random, but I'm always curious where people's favorite places to find cat toys, accessories, etc. are that are different than the obvious pet stores. As if I need more places to buy cat stuff

I think mine is HomeGoods. I've found a lot of nice beds and scratchers for great prices and Ellie's water fountain on clearance for $19 that is usually $50 full price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Senior Cat

The Dollar Store

Caretaker of two black cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 05:30 AM
Cat Addict

Home Sense, they have a pet section. Great prices.They are always changing stock and no two stores are going to have identical products ... but for example, I saw a toy mouse for 3 dollars there that was 7+ in a local pet store. Same on pet treats, I buy all dog treats there. 7.99 for Coco's bed time treat vs 9.99+ for the same thing anywhere else. They also have stuff on clearance often... I bought some dog treats - grain free ones - for 7 dollars that would elsewhere been marked at 20. It was such a big bag I'm still feeding them...

Craigslist for cat trees. I got one worth 500 (6 months old, zero wear) for 50 dollars. The people I got it from lived less than 5 minutes away... closer than most pet stores!

Dollar stores for glass dishes. I make sure they're not made in China.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
and

Last edited by Carmel; 08-02-2014 at 05:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 06:45 AM
Premier Cat

Home Goods - used to be called TJ Maxx. They have a great pet section. My personal favorite places are thrift stores! I love looking for baby blankets for my cat room - those cozy cute little fleece snuggle blankets are great for cats to curl up in. I use them in my cat room crates. Also, thrift stores are a great resource for used carriers, baby gates, food bowls, even litter boxes, etc. I just bought 5 low flat heavy ceramic appetizer plates that make GREAT food bowls.

This falls under stuff you might find in unexpected places: Feline Pine pellets are over $12 for a small bag at the pet store while Tractor Supply charges $5 for a forty pound bag of equine (horse) bedding pellets which are EXACTLY the same thing!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy and Ellie View Post
This is random, but I'm always curious where people's favorite places to find cat toys, accessories, etc. are that are different than the obvious pet stores. As if I need more places to buy cat stuff

I think mine is HomeGoods. I've found a lot of nice beds and scratchers for great prices and Ellie's water fountain on clearance for $19 that is usually $50 full price.
OHHHHHHHH home goods!!!! Haven't been there in years....but I've always gotten good stuff there

I don't think tj maxx and home goods are related???
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

I think they're just owned by the same parent company.

Quote:
HomeGoods operates in both a standalone and superstore format, which couples HomeGoods with a T.J. Maxx or Marshalls.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Cat Addict

Yup, and Winners and Marshalls and HomeSense in Canada. HomeSense is the Canadian version of HomeGoods, it appears.

TJX Companies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So we're all talking about the same place. Guess it's not such an unexpected place after all.

Most of the stores I've been to pair up Winners and Homesense side by side or in the same mall.

Along with the dogs
and

Last edited by Carmel; 08-02-2014 at 05:26 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Yes, HomeGoods, TJMaxx, and Marshall's in America (and apparently HomeSense in Canada! Good to know!) are all owned by the same company and credit cards for these stores can be used at all three!

So funny to see that is also everyone's favorites! I love the hunt, almost all of the accessories in my apartment are from HomeGoods/TJ Maxx/Marshalls. Drive twenty minutes to a different one and find all new stuff! We just bought two pet beds for Ellie and the new kitten, they were only $12-$15 each and REALLY nicely made (and fashionable! lol). A similar pet bed at Petco that wasn't nearly as well made was $40 that we saw today!

Carmel - I also love hunting Craigslist! No luck for good cat stuff anywhere near me recently, but I always luck out with random stuff or furniture.

I've also heard of people finding some nice pet stuff at Burlington Coat Factory, but have never made it out to one.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Cat Addict

It's not cheap, but there is some very cool cat stuff on Etsy.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I've never thought to look on Etsy! I may have to take a look. I'm more of the eBay/Amazon cheap shopper haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page