Door-dashing diary - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Lightbulb Door-dashing diary

6pm EDT - there is a torrential downpour outside. It's times like these when I swing the front door wide open to test how daring the cats are - ok, not really; I just assume the cats will be sensible and stay inside. I DO open the door, the thought being if I only do it when the outdoors isn't inviting, then maybe that will curb their desire to run out to a certain extent.

Newt, the mommy cat, is of course intelligent and rational enough to take a quick look and stay inside. Newton, of course, doesn't care one iota (I probably should've guessed); he sprints outside, then immediately looks for cover. I thought he would immediately dart back in, but no, he runs around the patio, squeezes between the patio fencing, out onto the landscaped yard, all the while he's just getting completely drenched. FINALLY, after a little over a minute, he darts back inside looking like he's done a few laps in a swimming pool.

I'm laughing my head off as I help him dry off with a towel. I have no idea if my strategy will work, but he gave me my fun moment of the day. Yes, I had to spend 10 minutes to clean up the floor, but it was worth it. Now I have a cat with a very clean coat of fur, and I suspect he'll be a little more well behaved, at least for one evening.

What I'm afraid of is that he'll eventually get used to it, and he'll just stay out there without a care in the world.

Caretaker of two black cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page