Polly is blessed, despite me!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Polly is blessed, despite me!!

I opened the cat room door and little Polly immediately bolted out and over to the banister then proceeded to weave her way around one post and promptly FELL all the way down to the bottom before I could stop her!! She fell right on top of Coco who was sitting on the third step from the bottom and promptly bounced the rest of the way down. OMG, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! I RAN downstairs and scooped her up and covered her with gentle kisses while making sure she was ok.

Thank God Coco was there to break her fall and I'm so thankful she is ok. Too 9 lives off MY life! Is this 3 or 4 times she has cheated death now??? Sheesh.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Premier Cat

Mocha did that when we first got her...went right through the banister posts and dropped to the tiled floor below. I had about 6 heart attacks, but she was fine. When Luna started poking her nose around the banister, I figured I didn't have too many lives left myself....so I went and got some gardening netting and tied it to the railing. Looks ugly...but serves the purpose until they get too big to fit!

Glad to hear that Polly is okay and Coco served a good use today! Guess that makes up for at least one Lacey fight!

...Always in my heart... Mocha....Nov. 13, 2002 - Dec. 6, 2013
.... Slave to Bengal Cats....Luna, Mystik, Simba, Komet, Meli,
Spark
, and Star
.....and a collection of kittens at various times.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Premier Cat

Oh, this is awful but I had to laugh.... and POOR Coco!

This little girl is going to keep you on your TOES!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I put up the gardening netting (thankfully I already had it) immediately after that. I can't tell you how upset I was at myself after that but SO grateful she was ok. Yes, Coco got an extra hug from me too!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Premier Cat

So glad Polly is okay!what a scary thing to happen! However, that being said it sounds like out of a cartoon with Polly falling on top of poor Coco. Coco will probably think twice about sitting on that step again!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Premier Cat

Thank heavens that Polly is OK!
Coco's probably thinking, "Really?? Here I was minding my own business...AND this happens!!":p

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Cat Addict

I am glad she is ok. Coco was like are there kittens falling from the sky?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Cat

My cat, Chester, decided to do a balance beam act three times on the railing between my living room and the stairs. The drop on the other side is about 8 feet. I almost panicked, but he was pretty sure-footed. He even turned around on the railing with no problem!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The beam is not slick like my hard wood floors are! The kittens slip and slide on the floors as it is. She was just too close to the edge and slipped. Today she has not tried to venture out at all! Maybe this is good for the time being.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Cool Cat

Oh, Marcia, how scary!! I'm so glad that Polly's okay! And, hooray for Coco! I think she must get some good karma points for such an improbable save, intentional or not.

The family that adopted tortie half-sisters Pepper and Shea from me had the great idea of tightly weaving bed sheets in between the balusters to prevent Shea (who was only about 12 weeks old when they adopted her) from getting herself into a dangerous situation, should she escape her room. I worried about something similar happening with my own cats back when some of them were kittens, but I'd have never thought to use something like bed sheets or old blankets. It's a simple, but effective fix for anyone who doesn't have garden netting or something similar lying around, though.

Proud people-mommy of Galileo, Dante, Cosette, Autumn,
Ramona & Choco-cat (and foster kitty, Poe).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page