3 Kittens - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

3 Kittens

First off...I should change my screen name to 7catsplus3gal

I say this because we took in 3 kittens in the beginning of August. They were born in our woods sometime in june. Momma cat didn't bring them out to us until sometime in july. So we don't know the exact age of the kittens.

*wish I could put a camera collar/tracker on her so we can figure out when the kittens were in fact born. you know?

Anyways...These kittens have grown up so fast. I have 2 girls and 1 boy. I have named them Sam,Panda,and Squirt. They are really sweet. They stay in the back room but during the day I let them out and take them up to my bedroom for some fun time and they hang out with my cats.

These kittens have 2 big brothers. Juno & Summer. Summer is nervous around them for some reason. Juno on the other hand is brave and loves to hang with them. He is the cat sitter . He meows at the door when he wants to go in and be with the kittens. So I let him in to play. Its great.

Since I can not keep these kitties I was able to find a foster care network on facebook. They are in the area. They don't work from a main building. Its a big group of people who foster the cats in there own homes. Of course they don't have any foster homes for us right now. So we are going to foster the kittens.

So someone from this networks is going to come to my house and give the kittens there shots. Which we don't have to pay for them. I think my mom just has to give the person a donation to the network. Once they are old enough....we are going to get the kittens fixed through the tara van. If we mention the name of the network...then the tara van gives us a discount. woo hoo!

These people will post there pics and profiles on there website and facebook page. So if someone wants to adopt a kitten from us..they have to go through the network and they will contact us.

I really love these kitties...but 10 cats is a bit much. it gets a bit hairy during feeding time.

I will post pictures soon.

Oh and we are going to trap the parents and they them fixed as well.

Last edited by marie73; 09-09-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Premier Cat

3CatsGirl,
Well Done! Every cat/kitten that is helped...spayed/neutered is a cat that will have a better life!
And to get them, their first shots is great!!
Hopefully they'll be on their way to happy forever homes!up:

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Premier Cat

Thank you for helping those kitties. What a nice thing you are doing. Please post pictures. I bet they are cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Jr. Cat

It is wonderful what you're doing, and great that there are some good options like this in your area. I wanted to be a foster momma for some kitties, but when I called the shelters in my area, I was told that the town I live in has strict licensing laws, and I can not legally foster here. I also later found out that my city does not support TNR, and if you are caught releasing a feral cat back outside, you can get a steep fine. All the surrounding towns in my county allow fostering, and TNR. *sigh* Maybe one day the laws will change.
Keep up the good work!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

why did marie73 edit my post?

my new screen name should be: 7catsplus3kittensgal
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Cat Addict

Ooh love your story and we'll done for taking on the fostering. we don't really have shelters much here so ours is all done through volunteers taking on fosters at home. We are very lucky as aa large number of the vet practices do half price spay neuter for members. It always helps when the kittens are neutered and vaccinated so that the new home has no big cost at the start. Let us know hoe they get on with being found their forever homes
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thank you everyone for your replies.

They got there first shots this evening. Then in a few weeks,they will get another one. The kitties were pretty good about it. A little nervous...but didn't try to escape.

here are the pictures of the kittens who are 12 weeks old.

Sammy(boy)

Panda(girl)

Squirt(girl)

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Cool Cat

Ooh they are pretty!! Congrats!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thank you!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Kitten

They are all adorable, sammy looks like a sweetheart!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page