What is the funniest/strangest thing your cats play with? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

What is the funniest/strangest thing your cats play with?

My oldest cat, Truth, has never been all that playful. When she does find something to play with, it's rarely a cat toy. Some of her favorites are hair ties, straws, and some of the toys my kids have. These seem like pretty standard things for kitties to want to play with. But the kittens, SoCo and Storm, have discovered some pretty interesting things to play with. For one thing, they love books. Every night I put the books back on the shelf, and every morning I wake up to find them scattered throughout the living room. They don't just knock them down, they drag them around, pounce on them, and even open them up and turn the pages. They even cuddle with them. Then, there's the guitar. We were in bed the other night, and the kittens were playing, and I heard them somehow plucking the strings on the guitar! It is standing upright, in a stand, and I have no idea how they were doing it, but I would hear little tiny running feet, and then a twang. Little weirdos! I wonder what they'll discover next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:15 PM
Premier Cat

Book is 3 and he STILL loves the door stops in the apartment. WAAAaaaaAAANnnnGGGGG a bazillion times a day. The other one for Book (but I don't' think he's playing) is my bra. THe minute I take it off he's stuffing his head inside the cup and rubbing it all around.... Every day... and every day I tell him the same thing. "you're a perv weirdo"

Neelix.... It's hard to say, he's a kitten so EVERYTHING is a toy. He does love my shoe boxes. He's always popping the lid off and climbing inside them with the shoes...

MowMow is paper. He has this major thing about paper. A sticky note stuck on a wall just out of his reach will still keep him busy for ages trying to reach. All paper MUST be destroyed... especially sticky notes. Once he gets one he's really violent with them too.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Cool Cat

My books, notebooks, binders, etc for my college classes! If me or my boyfriend lay any books or papers around for school, they have chew marks on them the next time we see them. They're also usually scattered about the office.

The saying should be " my cat ate my homework" and it actually happened to me once... Ellie shredded it to pieces and had a blast. It was for my lab in Chemistry and my professor cracked up. Luckily all of my classwork is online this semester!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
Book is 3 and he STILL loves the door stops in the apartment. WAAAaaaaAAANnnnGGGGG a bazillion times a day.
Oh, I definitely know this sound all too well! lol Ellie actually broke two of the door stops off because she played with them so much!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Cat Addict

Oh have I got lists for you! Most of these things are not allowed to be toys...so we keep them put up - this does not stop the play should naughty paws find them though.

Muffin - milk ties, elastic bands, big baggy cloth purses (he picks them up and drags them off...like a lion with a gazelle on those nature shows, lol), wallets, my headphones, christmas ornaments (all 3 that I own....), cardboard boxes - only if he steals them from the recycle pile though

Doran - beer bottle caps, hair elastics, my bras, my gloves/hats/scarves, headphones - although he doesn't like them as much as Muffin does, boots with fur/fuzz on them

Muffin has killed 3-4 of my wallets, and at least 2 that belonged to friends. Whenever I have girl friends over I have to hang or otherwise hide their purses from Muffin - mine has to stay hung up at all times or he'll start pulling stuff out and playing with it.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy and Ellie View Post
The saying should be " my cat ate my homework" and it actually happened to me once... Ellie shredded it to pieces and had a blast. It was for my lab in Chemistry and my professor cracked up. Luckily all of my classwork is online this semester!
YOu should have collected all the little bits into a baggie and handed it in.

Come to think of it, neelix LOVES the metal on the spiral notebooks. When I'm journaling, I'm constantly shoving him off of it.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Cat

Puccini really loves toilet paper rolls (paper towel rolls even more), bread clips, twist ties, anything he can find and bat around. He found a bottle of aspirin once and had a great time rolling it around.

Roku likes slippers. Especially fuzzy slippers. We have a 'slipper mat' that's been around since before Roku was here. We put all of the slippers on it so they're easy to find - it's by the back door. Every day when I get home from work the mat is almost empty and there are slippers scattered around the house. I round them all up and put them back, only to repeat again the next day.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Tom Cat

Mine are similar to others - pretty much everything that isn't an expensive cat toy is preferred.

My one brat loves a certain duvet cover which buttons shut. He can squeeze himself in between the buttons and play inside the duvet cover, attacking feet and cats completely hidden.

He also LOVES my hair ties but has this habit of stealing them, playing with them and then when he is done dropping them in the downstairs toilet if the lid is up. I have no idea why, but he gets them from the upstairs bathroom and they are never found anywhere else but the one toilet. I end up flushing a lot of hair ties!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Cat

Pepper likes to play with bouncy balls and fur less mice, lol .. we had 2 toy mice and she took off the fur of them and now she likes to play with them, before that not interested.
She also likes the Nerf Darts.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Jr. Cat

Not sure what they're called, but the things that go under chair legs that are supposed to protect the carpet. That, as well as straws, hair ties, and the plastic wrappers that oranges come in.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page