What do your cats do all day? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

What do your cats do all day?

My almost 3 year old runs out as soon I open the door and then I only see him when he catches something or comes back, walks in, meows, looks around and leaves to dinner. Once locked in, torture Mama cat.

3-6 year old (really no idea) goes out in morning, back in soon for kitty massage, sleep around me, go out short time, back in, lay around, get brushed, eat, out, and when locked in run from Blanco and ask to go in the garage. She sleeps in my car now.

Not a lot of playing - seems like you all have a lot more active cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Tom Cat

play-play-and more play
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Premier Cat

When I'm home Neelix is out so he's always getting into things and making messes... and chasing Book around.

Book tries to avoid Neelix and investigates the apartment. He does enjoy playing chase with Neelix, he just hates getting caught and mauled by the little monster.

Mow watches the two of them to make sure no one gets too close.... tossing out hisses just to remind them they better not invade his personal space.

Once Neelix is worn out EVERYONE sleeps. I take MowMow in the bedroom and read or nap while he curls up up against my face/chest in his favorite spot. We snuzzle and kiss for a little while before he sleeps.

WHile I"m at work? Who knows. When I leave in the AM, I can see MowMow humping Book on the window sill. If I come home unexpectedly they are both sleeping. WHen I come home on time (or late) they are waiting on the hall tree for me and Neelix is screaming his head off in his room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Tom Cat

Cherry spends most of her day wandering around the house looking very determined to cause trouble. If she's silent, you know she's found something good to get into.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Cat

Hansel and Gretel are still young, so they spend a lot of time playing and doing crazy stuff like "side climbing" my rag - not sure how to call it, but Hansel lies down parallel to the rug with one paw under it and one above it and then moves along the side using his claws. I don't particularly care as it's an old rug that has I've been meaning to replace for a while but now wait for kitties to grow up a little first. I always find the sides of the rug bent. They are also all over all surfaces they can get on.

They are also teaching me to keep things in order and not to make a mess on the table where I normally put my mail and other papers until I have time to go over them. Then I find everything on the floor.

One day I saw Hansel contemplating my crystal chandelier while he was looking for interesting stuff on my dinner table. I distracted him with a toy. Hope he doesn't get into his head to see if he can jump up.

A couple of times I found a toy fluffy dog that is lying on my 5' tall armoir on the floor. I am certain the toy dog didn't jump down all by itself. I saw Gretel jump there from my bed - it's quite a distance and she looks like she is flying when she does it, I wish I could film her doing it, but it's difficult to catch her in action.

At other time they sleep or watch the squirrels outside through the sliding glass door.

I don't really know what they do while I am at work, but likely all of the things about.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Premier Cat

Mostly sleep and eat!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 01:58 AM
Cat Addict

Yah, eat, sleep, day dreaming, laze around, sniffing around the house and that occasional play time, pretty meaningless life, isn't it? lol. Indoor cats don't work anymore (catching rats), making their existence more meaningful, they have evolved into becoming entertainers, entertaining their owners, keeping owners happy just by purring up a storm, by their funny acts, their cute sleeping patterns etc etc - just kidding, lol.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 05:26 AM
Cat Addict

(I assume) plot world domination

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Cat Addict

More likely plotting to dominate you, lol...alot easier than even contemplating world domination.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 07:40 AM
Premier Cat

For the most part they sleep. The cat room which is filled with 6 five week old kittens and 4 ten+ week old kittens plays together for hours until about 9-10AM in the morning then they all sleep until about 4PM or so.

My 5 senior resident cats sleep, eat, sleep some more, eat some more, change sleeping positions then sleep more. Polly zooms from one room to the next looking for stuff to get in to (she is now not allowed in the cat room - she is just too rough with the tiny babies in there)

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page