My cat gets Sick I get sick - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

My cat gets Sick I get sick

Two days ago my almost 16 year old cat was eating less and I noticed him in a 4 paws on the ground back up state.. I gave him some sandwich meat and a teaspoon tuna straight from the can(not cat food) because I knew something was up..

Yesterday I found a pile of food in my yard, undigested puke, called the vet and they told me he probably ate something bad... Give him water for a day...
i still fed him very little..

Today hes eating, ate half can cat food before 12 but still seems a little upset..

Yesterday my anxiety absolutly went through the roof, im a 37 year old male that is so thoroughly bonded to my cat...All I could eat was breakfast yesterday, butterflys in my stomach, Slept at 7pm, brink of a anxiety attack..

Is a 16 year old bond too much, do others feel the same? I just cannot fathom life without my smokey..I fear that when death comes for my cat I will be very ill.. Hospice says my dad only has 4 months to live with liver cancer... My very close uncle just passed 3 weeks ago...

Am I selfish that my stomach curddles for my cats health but never curdlled for my dad...
Is the bond different between human to human then human to pet? I love my dad but why am I more worried about my cat then my own dad....

I cannot relax...Smokey is constantly in my mind

Last edited by burt; 10-05-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Premier Cat

Burt,
I don't think it's weird at all...
Smokey represents something solid in your life...at a time when every one seems to be leaving you...human wise...uncle, and dad...
Smokey is there for you at a very rough time...
I can understand the fear of losing him...
Our furry ones keep us sane, in so many ways...
It's very hard for someone who has never had a close bond with an animal, to comprehend...
Smokey is your personal lifeline at this point...
(((HUGS))) as you go through all of this...I am truly sorry, that so much is happening at once...that you have to face...
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Cat

To some of us our pets are like our children. It's not weird to worry yourself sick over your furry child.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Cool Cat

It isn't weird at all... I completely understand where you're coming from. I have had family members pass that I only felt a little sad about, but was devastated and couldn't eat for days when my family cat and dog passed away. My pets are like my children. It's such a close bond, they're with you 24/7 through all of the good and bad times. I can't tell you how many times I've been sad or stressed out and Ellie just cuddled me while I cried. The bond with our pets is one of a kind.

Some family members I don't see often or don't have as close of a bond with as I do my pets... and that's completely normal, it isn't selfish at all... it's just the truth.

I am just so sorry for all of the loss you're experiencing... I hope Smokey pulls through and starts feeling better soon. <3
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Cat Addict

Burt, you have a lot going on. It may take time to sort it all out. Our fur loved ones, we take care of, and that brings a special bond. If your kitty doesn't seem to improve daily, I would take him into the vet. Also, I have read on this forum that the vet can give him something to help his appetite or settle his stomach. It is important to stay in the present as much as possible.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Tom Cat

The bond is sometimes much stronger between human and pet. That's because pets tend to give unconditional love and don't judge. Think about it... you can be who you are and say what you want without any fear or consequences.
It is possible that he's getting stressed because you have been under a lot of stress lately. The bond goes both ways, you know.
Loss is very difficult to deal with in any situation. And it affects each person differently. To have so much happening at the same time is nothing short of brutal.
Perhaps it would be beneficial for both of you if your doctor could prescribe something that could help calm your anxiety?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Well my boy has fiv, we are hoping when the lab test comeback that his lymph node count is high as that is treatable..

Never thought the cat fight outside was a transmission of fiv

Thanks for the replies it really does help
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Premier Cat

Burt,
FIV isn't the death sentence it once was...
We have members here who have FIV cats...
I hope some of them will respond for you!
Would love to see a picture of your boy, and know his name!!
Hugs and Prayers!
Sharon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Smokey...He has a ton of other names including BozO...My anxiety is still off the roof, I dont know how to relax, no appetite...ended up with a little boohoos letting the fiv news finally sink in, which isnt healthy..

Ive never had this anxiety ever in my life, like I have no control of my body, swarm of butterflys will not leave my stomach...
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Premier Cat

Burt,
Smokey is soooo Handsome and very fluffy!!
His coloring almost looks like a brown and cream?

I don't know if this will help...

Sometimes...you got to go into it...to get through to the other side...
Where you can deal with the situation, clearly, with eyes open and Heart Strong...

Smokey needs you, as much as you need him...
Hugs and Prayers!
Sharon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page