happy ending - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

happy ending

I just wanted to share this wonderful story with you all.
A friend moved to Kuwait about 8 months ago and about 4 or so months ago found 2 feral kittens hiding near the garbage bins. Far to scared to let her get close she began feeding them and gaining their trust. I cannot explain how rough and tough being a feral in Kuwait can be about 6 weeks ago the smallest began hiding again and my friend could see she was injured but catching her was proving almost impossible. Then 4 weeks ago her sister also received a leg injury but would allow herself to be caught. Biggie went to the vet and luckily had a minor injury, probably caused by a car. A week later my friend was able to bring her home and within a day she was a happy relaxed indoor cat, soaking up the luxury life. Her sister Tiny obviously missed her, because a week ago she walked into a carrier and was also treated at the vet. Now as of 2 days ago the sisters are back together. When Tiny came out of her carrier the 2 fell over each other head butting and playing.
The photo is the 2 last night, enjoying their new home with no more worries, safe and sound for the rest of their life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook-20141013-210143.png
Views:	65
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	72882  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Cat Addict

Thank you - I like happy stories.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Premier Cat

Jenny, That is soooooo Awesome!
And what cuties they are!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks both. It is so nice to see them having visibly relaxed now they realise they are safe
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 07:04 AM
Premier Cat

What a GREAT happy ending! Yes, I can well imagine the perils of being a feral/stray cat in the middle east or even outside North America. We lived in Sicily for 3 years and it was absolutely heart breaking to see all the stray cats and kittens EVERYWHERE! We move back to the states and there are almost no cats to be seen in my area. A great testament to our responsible pet ownership and TNR programs here and nationwide.

I'm glad these fortunate babies have a chance at a lifetime of love and luxury of living indoors where they are safe.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Premier Cat

Oh what a cute story, with a great happy photo at the ending, too! I'm sure they are so much happier now and so grateful for your friend. Can't imagine life on the streets in Kuwait...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 07:08 AM
Jr. Cat

I bet they're both really happy to have a wonderful home indoors now rather than a feral life on the streets. Thank you for this happy story!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

They have both slept a huge amount which is no suprise as I don't think ferals in street situations ever fully relax, poor babies. They have just got a new cat tree which they were suspicious of to start but now are loving the top platforms to watch the world go by.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Cat Addict

My sister was kidnapped in Kuwait. The only way I was able to reunite with her again was by letting myself be kidnapped by the same captors. Now sis and I are observing the territory around us from atop a tree the kidnappers have placed behind a glass pane, and we're planning our escape. We've set the date sometime in 2050, as we're in no hurry.

Now seriously, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story! God bless your sister!

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
the perils of being a feral/stray cat in the middle east
Not all of them, thank God. My strays' worst peril is when I absolutely refuse to give them a 2nd helping of milk (I don't see their faeces, so I can't know who is lactose-intolerant and who isn't, so I give them all a little milk twice a month only, and they beg for more. But they refuse to drink yoghurt or goat milk.)

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page