Gadget went missing, but now is back - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Gadget went missing, but now is back

I read another post here of a missing cat, that came back after 6 months.

Well, we had a pretty big scare a week or two ago.

One morning, I opened the back door to let the Dog (Roxy) out. When I let her in, I did not close the screen and I must not have closed the door all the way.

Unfortunately, we got some good winds that morning/afternoon (door faces south so it gets a bit of wind/rain) and maybe one of the cats/dog may have nudged the door the rest of the way.

I stopped on the way home from work to get some pet food. When I got home, Roxy was waiting for me at the door to go out as she always does. I let her out and went to get the rest of the food out of the trunk.

When I come in again, Roxy is sitting there in the kitchen. I thought I was crazy. I walked over and saw the door open and I started freaking out.

I accounted for three of the four cats and the dog. I could not find the other one for the life of me around the house.

I decided to open food, maybe Gadget was hiding somewhere good and if he heard/smelled the food, he would come. No dice.

My wife was working extra late because she had a staff meeting. So I called my Mother-in-law to man the doors while I tried to look for him. We put food out for him and a litter box.

I tried looking around and it was getting dark, and started raining. I came back home with no luck.

I posted his picture on my vet's page because they will share it. Maybe I would luck out and have patients in the neighborhood.

My wife called me. I was telling her what happened. As I was telling her, I heard a meow at the door and it was Gadget. Mother in law and I dried him off and fed him.

About 5 minutes after my mother in law left, I got a call from someone up the street who saw the shared post of Facebook and she offered help to find him. She was very nice and I told her that I jinxed myself and he came home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Cat Addict

I am glad he is home. It is scary when they go missing. Thankfully you didn't have to wait too long.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 08:22 PM
Premier Cat

Glad Gadget is back safe and sound!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Cool Cat

Whew glad your gadget is back!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Cat Addict

Yes, so glad your gadget got home. So, many missing cats stories, I'm now thinking about this outdoor cat called "Midnight" I read on here, that went missing sometime ago. Wonder if he's back.

I do wonder why some cats can make their way home after such a long time and some just don't even when they are nearby.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Premier Cat

Thank Heavens Gadget came right back! WHEW!! (Heart attack time!):p
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page