Empty The Shelter Day! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Empty The Shelter Day!

Today is Empty The Shelter Day. It's a big event that's happening across the country, and is pretty big in Ohio and Texas.

All the shelters in our area are going to try to find homes for dogs and cats, and at West Side Cats, we're participating!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Cat Addict

Sounds like a wonderful thing. I hope all of the shelters are very successful in finding homes for many pets today.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I'm about to head there, now... cold day to bike out to WSC...

Correction, btw, it's CLEAR the shelter day!...

Last edited by bluemilk; 11-08-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Cat Addict

Ooh good luck to all. Hope all of the animals find wonderful forever homes.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Cat Addict

Lovely idea!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Cat Addict

Hope you didn't get too cold. I live in Florida, and I think it is going to get in the 40's tonight, which for us is about as awful as it gets. We do get temps in the 30's at night, but it usually warms up to the 50's during the day. I lived in Illinois when I was a kid, until I was about 12, but I do not know if I could take the temperatures in the north now. My husband answered that for me with a big "NO, you think you are dying when it's 60". My kids are worse. It can drop to 70 here and they have on long pants and jackets. Wimps!

Hopefully you will have some good adoption stories to tell us when you return later, hoping that some pets found their forever homes today
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Cat

The shelter where I got Daryl is doing a similar thing this weekend. Good job to all who volunteer! Hope lots of cats & kittens get warm homes!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Well, we had an open house, Saturday, adopted out 3 cats, and found foster homes for most of our kittens.

I'll miss Parker. Every time I went to the 2nd floor, he'd come PARK himself on my arm so I'd pick him up and carry him around! I'm glad he found a loving home, though.

I bought myself a kitty calendar, some toys for Robin, and some chocolate covered pretzels! All in all, a good day!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Kitten

Sounds Great!!
We've got big problems down here in SE Texas. There are so many irresponsible people who do not spay or neuter animals I don't know exactly how many they euthanize but I am certain it is horrendous. That's why I picked up my last kitty in the counties local shelter. She's a Calico and beautiful & sweet. I found out she had been in a cage for weeks and I would have thought a kitty like that would be gone in a day! Our county took in over 7,000 animals last year. Disgusting and there are no excuses for irresponsibility like that.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Cat Addict

Hi Bluemilk. I somehow missed your update. I am so glad 3 got homes and hopefully their forever homes as well as the kittens all being fostered.

Agotor, it is heartbreaking, and sadly your area is not alone. There is a worldwide epidemic really. I think it is to do with lack of responsibility not just in spaying but generally caring for a pet but also we are such a throwaway society now and sadly that includes animals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page