Agnes, the amazing disappearing (and reappearing) cat! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Agnes, the amazing disappearing (and reappearing) cat!

Yesterday my husband and I were going about our business, I was working on a paper, he was playing with our son, when we realized we hadn't seen Agnes for awhile. We called to her and she didn't come. We started to search for her. Under the couch, in all the drawers and cabinets, under the bed, in the closets, in clothes hampers. We searched and called for about ten or fifteen minutes but it seemed like a very long time. With each passing minute I became more anxious, envisioning her escaping, hiding in bushes cold and afraid, or worse.I kept wondering "how would she have gotten out?"

I had just about decided to take my search outside when a piece of my husband's black messenger bag, yawned, stretched, and detached itself from the rest of the bag. It was Agnes. My husband had come home and placed his black messenger bag on the floor by the kitchen table and Agnes, the black kitten had fallen asleep on it and become invisible. We had been through the kitchen twice already, looking under the kitchen table, in cupboards, and even checking the fridge. We must have walked by and even glanced at her and we still couldn't find her!

In conclusion I've learned to not underestimate the power of camouflage and to teach Agnes her name!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Cat Addict

LOL Mine have done this. They always seem to find something the very color of their fur. Maybe a bright contrasting collar?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Cat Addict

That is so funny. Been there with my grey baby Kiki. Hers is not so much camouflage but to be a contortionist and get into the teeny tiniest places
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Great idea about the contrasting collar! She sure was trying her best to give new a heart attack! Here is the stinker caught in the act.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4163_zps70379223_1417983311289.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	77282  

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Cat Addict

After she learns her name, you will have to tell me if she always comes. Mine pick and choose and if they are comfortable they aren't moving unless they hear the treat bag.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaughunter View Post
I had just about decided to take my search outside when a piece of my husband's black messenger bag, yawned, stretched, and detached itself from the rest of the bag.
hahaha although gizmo....easier to see....she loves her carrier...which is just like a bag
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gizmo bag.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	77306  

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Cat Addict

It happens to me that I'll be frantically looking for Nikita when I suddenly realize that I've been staring at her. She's so white that when she's against a white background I don't distinguish her.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page