Our shelter has lots of openings! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Our shelter has lots of openings!

We had a terrific week for adoptions. People answered the clarion call (and Craigslist and Facebook pleas) to come and meet a new forever friend and adopt! I can't speak for the dogs, but for the cats we have 2 intake rooms and one is completely empty. We have 2 transition rooms (they go there for holding when almost ready to go to adoption floor) and one is empty and the second is only 2/3 full and on the adoption floor we have about 10 vacancies! At our Petsmart we have 6 vacancies!

My only concern is how many of these are not going to stick?, how many of these are going to be returned right after Christmas?

There is nothing worse than seeing a cat come back from a home - no matter the reason. I hate to sound negative in the midst of such happy news but I just can't help but think of this. I know my shelter is not unique so for those that send prayers up, pray that those people that adopt will consider all those animals as family and provide forever homes - everywhere in the world!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Cat Addict

Well I hope they stick. I think they would bring Blanco back
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Already got a call from a woman that is afraid her cat is not fitting in. It's only been 2 days and she agreed to give it more time but still a disappointment. Luckily one of our caretakers has generously volunteered to go to her house and help with tips on getting the cat to come out from under the bed.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Cat Addict

My last two long term foster spent longer than that basically living up a chimney!

Hope your caretaker manages to explain that cats don't always settle instantly.

The Rescue I am involved with only adopts to previous successful adopters before Christmas - it is such a difficult decision which is best to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page