What is it you like most about cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat

What is it you like most about cats?

I'm curious as to what it is that draws you to cats? What do you like most about them? I especially want to know why all the die-hard cat people prefer cats!
For me, I love the CAT-ittude that many cats have. You know, cats do what they want, when they want, and they don't care what you think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 08:00 PM
Cat Addict

Hmmm to sum it up...

“Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty,
little ball of fur.
Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty,
purr, purr, purr”.

Nothing relaxes me more then burying my fingers ( or face) in the silky fur of a happy, sleepy cat and feeling that vibration.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 11:59 PM
Cool Cat

It's difficult to explain... I'm just drawn to everything about kitties! Something about their demeanor, they're so inquisitive and intelligent. They're very quiet, clean, smell great, and have the softest fur. Even if they're not being "quiet", there is no sound cuter than a sweet (or demanding) "mew", and no feeling better than a warm, cuddly cat purring on me. Cats are just bursting with incredible personality. These are some of the things that have set them apart from dogs for me, and is why I prefer kitties (not to spark a debate or anything... I love doggies too!)

When I visit my parents house and my family dogs... I love visiting, but by the end I'm over them barking nonstop and letting them outside fifty times just for them to come in with mud on their paws and them smelling gross LOL. They're small little poofy Pomeranians so they're beyond adorable... but now that I know what it's like to live in my apartment with just my two kitties... I don't know if I could ever go back!

I also have to agree with you about the cat-itude! It shows how intelligent they are, they know better than to listen to our demands!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 12:50 AM
Premier Cat

They are so beautiful, their bodies are so elegant. They are also funny, inquisitive, they purr to let you know they are happy, and they are independent. Easy to care for. Endless source of entertainment. These are just a few things I can think of at a moments notice. They are just awesome in my opinion.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 12:53 AM
Cat Addict

So many things... their independence, their sweetness, their fur, how great they smell. How they have interesting lives of their own in their outdoor kingdom, all sorts of adventures and explorations. And they're so small to be doing all that.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 01:33 AM
Cat Addict

They have wonderful characteristics and personality. That mix still of wild and domestic in them. I get a real kick out of watching my girls stalk toys like a tiger or panther and each other. Just as much as when they jump on my lap or snuggle on the bed with a purr.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Cat

There really isn't anything better than when you know a cat has chosen YOU to be its person.(:
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Cat Addict

I am a dog person. Yet I adore cats. There's something calming about having a cat in the house... even when they're Munch. He's more work than all three of my dogs. .. but my dogs are all 6+ and well trained (no barking here! ) cats are fascinating to watch and have such fun personalities. I LOVE watching Munch play with the dogs (which he does almost constantly when I'm home) he sure keeps us on our toes!

Sara, Munch (deaf Domestic Shorthair),
Oliver (hearing Irish Terrier X),
Mouse (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Boo (deaf and vi Mini Dachshund),
Kat (partially deaf, and vi Mini Dachshund)
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Cat

It is calming!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Cat

Just about every cat that I have been around has been quirky in some way.
I love dogs and have 3 of my own and the same applies to them BUT it's almost like it's amplified with cats...

And of course the CATitude that you talk about... What's even better than a cat with a CATitude? A cat that drops it completely, only for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page