What a mess! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Cat

What a mess!

After bringing home the groceries we left an unopened 1 quart carton (kind of like a large tetra pak) of chicken broth out on the counter (just beside the stove). The next morning we found the carton on the floor the corner chewed apart but no sign of the broth. We discovered most of it the broth had leaked onto the top of the stove and found its way into the elements collecting just underneath...a whole quart (or whatever they hadn't lapped up).

They clearly have a great sense of smell, detecting chicken within the sealed box.

What are the worst messes your cats have created?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 03:00 PM
Kitten

Poo on the wall. I have poo on the wall!

Sounds like your cats had a lot of fun
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 03:03 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, that sounds awful. I keep my carton of chicken broth up in the highest kitchen shelf cupboards, but I don't know if that would ever stop G from getting in it if he were really determined.

G has chewed through a new, unopened bag of clumping clay cat litter that was in my closed bedroom closet. He made his way through the door several times and chewed through both plastic and a paper bags (2 different types of litter), causing a leaky mess on my carpeted bedroom closet. Litter is now kept in plastic tubs normally used for keeping large bags of kibble.

A few weeks ago though, I found him chewing a hole in my 15 lb bag of deluxe Japanese rice! Ugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollin View Post
Sounds like your cats had a lot of fun
Too often their fun and ours are mutually exclusive.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 03:19 PM
Cat

Friday I received a shipment of cwt meat and after putting it away in the freezer I placed the box by the door to take out to the dumpster later. A few hours later I heard some weird scratching sounds. When I walked in I found Agnes and Dexter in the process of shredded the styrafoam insulation that was inside the box, scattered bits of styrafoam all over the kitchen.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Cat

I have two 'dumpster divers.' They routinely knock over the kitchen trash can and scatter the trash looking for anything edible.

Biggest mess ever? Puddle got into my fireplace our first night when we moved into our current house. He spent some time in there (we didn't notice), became entirely covered in soot, and then ran around the entire house freaking out. There was soot everywhere. He crawled into cabinets, put his feet all over the wall, rolled on the carpet. It's been almost four years, and I still find black sooty paw prints in weird places (behind a toilet, inside a drawer...). The soot stained his fur and it took two months for him to become a white cat again. It was an awesome first night in our new house.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Kitten

Jinx has destroyed 1 cell phone cord charger and 2 land line cords. I have put bitter apple on the cords but I swear she likes the stuff. Now I have taped the land line cord, bundled any loose cords, unplug cords before I leave and put in a drawer any cell phone,kindle and Ipod cords.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jinx 1-31-2015 001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	81554
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Rouge View Post
Too often their fun and ours are mutually exclusive.
I guess that is why we love them so much.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Cat

One of my kittens, Robin, loves hanging around in the bathroom with me whenever I'm in there. (which is fairly often due to my tiny bladder) Normally I wouldn't mind, but he always insists on going up behind me, so he bumps up against the little drawer we have sitting on top of the toilet.

He's knocked the entire thing down twice now, smashing both of the small drawers to bits. Not to mention all of the times he's knocked down our lotions/skin care products, which have fallen straight into the toilet half of the time. >_>

Otherwise, the kittens just do the usual kitten stuff; knock things off the counters, rip up paper bags while I'm trying to put away the groceries, etc.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Tom Cat

Tearing open multiple loaves of bread at my parents house. My brother was mad as it was cleaning it up so both of them ran downstairs and either laid down right next to me or on top of me after the second one LOL.

Last edited by marie73; 02-25-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page