What are your cats weird habits? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

What are your cats weird habits?

Zoe, when I'm sitting cross legged on my bed HAS to come and lay on one of my legs along it lengthwise. Always. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. She also comes to the phone when I use it and chats for a bit with whoever I'm on the phone with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Cat

When hungry, Blackie jumps up on the computer desk, and snots up my arms and shirt by rubbing his nose all over me. My hands end up with the same drying slobber feeling that you get when licked by a dog, except, yeah, its from his nose. Thats stage 1 - stage 2 is he goes off, eats plastic, then throws up.

He is old and too skinny, so I dont mind getting up and feeding him, but sometimes you want to finish something and wait 10 minutes, you know? But I dont want to have to wash my arms, so ... up I go.

He had a phase where he would beg for the bathtub faucet to be turned on a little bit, and then would drink and play a bit.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 01:13 PM
Cat Addict

I had to chuckle on this one.

Sadie Woo - MUST have a 'food can groom' before it gets opened at meal time. (Just kind of rolling the little food tin down each side of her, sometimes we do little motor sounds with it)

Belle - is my little spiritual kitty. Being an extreme creature of habit and structure, she does not like receiving her food without saying her little prayer (that's really me saying the prayer and her tapping my hand with her paw as I put the dish down, her way of saying, "Amen.")

B.B. - is pretty mellow these days but STILL, after 16 years, hates using the cat flap. She will sit at the kitchen window, staring at you, then meowing. Something in her feels its beneath her to use that entrance LOL.

Those are my cats. Harry, the neighbours cat comes in, surveys the house, says, "bbdddrrrr" to me then promptly goes and sits on the cloths drier. The drier is under the cupboard that has the cat food, and treats in it. LOL

These things have to happen every day, at least once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Jr. Cat

Numly likes to pull hair out of my head while I watch tv and make a pile of it, I stop her when I'm awake but I'll doze off into a nap and just find a few strands of hair piled next to my head. It's so strange. She also likes to lick post it notes.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Cat Addict

Cuchi likes to nibble at my hand and wrist, he will lick the spot first, then nibble it. LOL

Princess likes to give me lots of nose kisses, but especially when she's just sneezed. Yuck!

Nikita, when she wants something adamantly, instead of yelling at me "Meow!" she yells "NOW!"

Yep, i'm a victim of domestic abuse.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.

Last edited by Straysmommy; 04-23-2015 at 03:44 PM.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Cat Addict

One more:

Cuchi's too lazy to wash his face, so he'll often just lick my hand and rub his face on it.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 03:56 PM
Tom Cat

valentine and tucker like to sit in the bathtub to watch me pee. i don't see why that is remotely interesting to them
and when i'm taking a shower ratman will stand at the end of the tub and peep around the curtain and meow until i get out. if i shut the bathroom door he will sit outside and howl and slam into the door. he has actually made it pop open before if i don't lock the door!

ratman used to be obsessed with flushing toilets, now tucker is. i try to keep the lid down always because i'm afraid he's going to fall in. valentine could care less. it's funny how some cats are fascinated by some things and others aren't..
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 04:06 PM
Tom Cat

this one isn't weird just very sweet and endearing. when i babysit my granddaughter who will be 17 months tomorrow i put her down for the night on this little toddler couch that opens into a bed in the living room with me. from the very first night we got valentine she has laid down beside her after she was asleep and sometimes will even put her front paws on her. it's like she's decided she's her baby and she's her guardian angel. even when ella is a little too rough she doesn't seem to mind. she's never hissed at her or scratched her. she's the most patient little cat i've ever had!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 04:13 PM
Premier Cat

I have curly hair that frizzes really easily. It lasts through the day but by the time I get home it's pretty crazy. Neelix is bound and determined to tame my hair. Every single night he starts trying to 'fix' it from the back of my computer chair. After a while he'll give up and come around to the desk in front of me and vigorously groom my eyebrows. That seems to appease him and he moves on. It's always like he's saying "I couldn't anything with all that **** on your head... but I got your face fixed up. I'm outa here"

MowMow has to be in a certain spot on the bed when I sleep. He waits for me to settle on my side then walksfrom my chest past my head to throw his butt towards me in just the right way to wedge his butt/back between my chin and chest so he can sit with his back feet popped forward and lean back against me while he kneads at soft. Eventually he slides into a lying position and falls asleep. If I roll over we'll bother me until I reach back for soft and drag it wiht us so he can rinse repeat to sleep again(and this is why I lock him out most nights now).

Book doesn't like to rub on me at all. He loves to be pet but he's not a face masher or a rubber...on me. If I smile at him and give him eye kisses from across the room he goes bonkers though. He'll start rubbing on stuff and flip onto his back rubbing against everything in reach. Then stand up and stare at me until I give eye kisses... then he starts all over.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Cat

Whenever someone goes to the freezer for ice, Caspian will run into the kitchen and sit next to the refridgerator until someone gives him a piece of ice. He will bat it across the floor for a minute and then he's done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page