Cali the Calico has been promoted! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Cali the Calico has been promoted!

Since we sadly lost Bobby (RB) a few months ago, our little adopted calico Cali has had to double up her duties, and we're happy to announce that she's been promoted!

She was previously "Nosey Rosey" and now she's "Helpful Hannah" because she helps us in all our activities --- sleeping, going to the bathroom, bundling up trash, reading or working on our laptop, eating, whatever.

Cali is always there, her little paws eager to assist us, my girlfriend and me, in whatever we're doing.

She especially enjoys "helping" me eat a flavored yogurt -- her fave seems to be blueberry.

And Cali is also my girlfriend's special "office assistant" -- my gf leave her cellphone on the table, and when it rings, Cali leaps over to where the phone is resting and paws at it to "answer" the ring.

So we've now got Helpful Hannah!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Cat Addict

Glad Hannah is helpful and helping you.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Premier Cat

Aww, that sounds so very sweet of Cali.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 01:06 AM
Premier Cat

What a sweet little helper!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Cat

She's got this little wicker basket with a towel inside, and she lies in this and squirms and her little head is tucked side to side all cutie style, asking "Pet me! Pet me!" and when I do, she play-bites me.

She's just a kiddo and is still learning play bites vs hard bites, claws vs no claws play. Already she knows "No!" and "Down!" and she comes to her name, so she's doing fine in kitty stuff.

When I'm sleeping she nests along my feet and recently I've had to wear bedroom slippers to bed because her little claws bite hard. And I've accidentally nudged her or semi-kicked her when I turn over in my sleep, not knowing of course. She seems to not take this wrongly and just leaves the bed for a while and comes back later.

Naturally, each time she comes to bed, she jumps up onto my chest or stomach first, then decides whom to "nest with" -- my girlfriend or me -- and snuggles. Then later she shifts off to the other person, sharing her kitty goodness.

Cali LOVES yogurt and I eat a container each morning for breakfast, and she first licks clean the foil cover, then I give her about a 1/2 teaspoon, and then she sits impatiently while I eat, then she gets to lick the bowl! She seems to like blueberry or strawberry the best.

Do your cats like yogurt too?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Here's Cali:

Cute little pugnose, eh?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Tom Cat

So cute! I love her little smooshy face!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Cat

They are such precious creatures, our cats and dogs too. All my cats have been rescue or adopted and they are the best!

I think that our taking in stray animals or adopting them from a shelter is similar in a way to how God cares for us. We give them a safe home and love and attention and they are protected as much as possible from harm or disease.

What treasures!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Premier Cat

Cali is a CUTIE! I'm so Happy she's settled in with everyone!
Blessings!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Cali's little pug nose is the best! And when we're playing, I tickle her little white paws and ask her where she got that white on her toes.

Cali loves my girlfriend best but me next, since there are only 2 of us humans here! ha ha

Her fave game is "kitty in the blanket" -- my gf takes a big cotton duvet and Cali lays on the sofa. The my gf takes the duvET (Cali just jumped up and put on my caps lock for me! so helpful!) and tosses it up and it settles down over Cali. Then my gf scratches at the edges of the blanket and Cali jumps over beneath the blanket to "attack" the invader, playing fort.

We also have a big cardboard box into which my gf cut holes, top and end and sides, and that's Cali's fort. She gets in there and we dangle her mouse on a string into the hole and she grabs it. She plays this for maybe 20 minutes.

What a sweetie! But it's also sad, evenings she sits by the window and looks for her friend Bobby, whom we know that she still misses. Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page