Laid up today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Laid up today

Unfortunately I threw my back out last night. I tried to go to work, but that was torture and had to leave early. My little man was excited to see momma home early and was ready to play.

I feel terrible. I can't throw his favorite toy that he loves to chase and play fetch with... he looks at me with these beautiful sad eyes... oh my heart...

Thankfully he's now supervising the back yard, his favorite show...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Cool Cat

Sorry about your back - been there done that. I found (for my back pain) that a good stretching helped a lot. If there was a way to reach up and "hang" by my hands like a child in a playground I could actually stand up straight for a few moments without pain. Otherwise I was literally crawling on my knees.

It did get better. Hope yours will too, very soon.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Cool Cat

Oh goodness...feel better. I know I was out of work a lot last year with surgery, complications, a broken bone and illness. My furkids thought it was the best year ever! Make sure you get lots of kitty cuddles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Premier Cat

Oh my goodness! First Marcia throws out her back, and now you!
Sure hope you feel better soon!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Premier Cat

Me 3. I can feel your pain, literally. I moved a heavy cedar lined solid oak trunk this past week and torqued my lower back something fierce. Like you I TRIED going to work (on Monday) but only made it until lunch then went home. Tuesday I spent the day in bed with my boys and some vicodin. Wednesday I made it work and stayed all day with just a half a vicodin (I wonder how long it'll take for those errors in everything I worked on to show up.....).

I called the petsitter to ask her to come clean the boxes on Tuesday. I couldn't do them Monday night or all day Tuesday and it was so gross for my poor boys. I told her I could feed the boys (they all ate on elevated surfaces until this morning), but I couldn't bend over to clean the boxes. SHe was so sweet, she swung by on her way home from work and didn't charge me. She also picked me up a takeout salad from the local grocery store so I wouldn't have to cook.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks all... I'm trying to rest, but issues at work are running high today, and since I'm the manager, phone is ringing off the hook.. kitty seems to realize I don't feel well, as he's decided it's nap time.. lucky guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page