Do you believe in rainbowbridge or the afterlife? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Do you believe in rainbowbridge or the afterlife?

I talked to a priest about that, though i am not religious, and he believes in it. He believed i would meet them at rainbow bridge. After Geets passed in August, i woke up to a feeling of a cat rubbing up against me. I just rubbed him, he purred, and then he was gone. I knew it was Geets and i patted him along his back and he purred then i woke up and he was gone. I hope he was telling me that he was ok and is playing with Razzle. I have never felt that. I thought i would when Razzle passed did but i didn't recognize it or it since i take sleep meds i didn't see it since he is my heart kitty. I just look so forward to seeing them at rainbow bridge. I believe Razzle did show me a sign but i didn't know it. He knew how much i loved him. If there is no rainbow bride then i don't want to go to heaven.

Kathy

Razzle and Geets-they left paw prints on my heart. Love you, love you always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Premier Cat

The way I look at it, it doesn't matter what anyone else believes. We won't know the truth until the end. If the faith that the RB exists gives someone comfort and strength that's all that matters.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 01:19 AM
Cat Addict

I struggle with organised religion but I do have a kind of spiritual belief. I do feel there is a bridge that comforts many and that our passed beloved animals are there. I hope all animals go there as I would like to hope that those who passed without experiencing love get a second chance to experience happiness there or an equivalent place at least
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Cat Addict

For me it is Paradise (something I also put on a site after my father died). Animals didn't fall from grace so all they have waiting for them is perfection. God is loving and just so how could animals fall from grace? They did nothing wrong. God bless them for being willing to come with us. BUT they have nothing to worry about.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Tom Cat

What helps you Believe?

I have not shared my loss, spoken of my Sky yet because I am in such a bad place. I looked at the other areas, but this just seems the place for this discussion. If I'm wrong, please move this.
What is it that helps you with your faith? Is there anything that helps you, strengthens your belief? Have you been "visited" or received a signal of any sort that you believe came from beyond?
I am asking these questions for myself, but I do believe there are others who are making the effort to believe and/or have had their faith shaken. Maybe a discussion, a sharing could help many.

The only thing I can share is that I am very confused, I want to believe. I have such a need to believe, but losing Sky, the way it happened, has shaken my faith to it's core. Not a very good start to this discussion, but then that is why I'm asking. If you have beliefs that you are concerned about sharing, please feel free to pm me. I am as non judgmental as they come!

I am not a cat lady,
I am The Cat Lady!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Premier Cat

My mother had a near death experience years before she died. Ever since then she said she would NEVER be afraid of dying. I've always taken comfort in that - that there will be a peace that surpasses understanding once we pass. Ever since I turned 30 and had a deeply religious experience - some would call it being "born again", my faith has been strong. I root into churches that feed my faith and keep me grounded. I take God at His Word that He will never leave me nor forsake me. I very much understand that this means He will not keep bad things form happening per se, but will be there to help me navigate through it.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Cool Cat

I am a very logical thinker and am non-religious, I've been this way since I was a child - luckily my parents let me decide for myself. However, I do believe in spirits/ghosts and I believe our spirits do go somewhere when we pass. I don't believe in a "heaven" or "he-ll" (forum blocks it, lol) per se, but I don't think we just die and that's it. Especially with my pets, I believe in a place like Rainbow Bridge, a place where our pet's spirits go and that someday we will meet again.

Last edited by Mandy and Ellie; 01-04-2016 at 03:20 PM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Premier Cat

MsKatt
When Mocha passed I, too, had a very hard time. I didn't believe in the Bridge and wasn't so sure about afterlife. But I truly believe that Mocha came to visit me a few times in those very hard days.,,.I felt her presence and, even today, I can smell her scent at times still. I still talk to Mocha and let her know I miss her and expect to see her again some day. Whether there is a Rainbow Bridge or somewhere else that my Mocha can be happy, healthy, and free until we meet in...I know she is there somewhere and we will meet again.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Cool Cat

I don't personally have any faith or beliefs at all... but, after my German Shepherd, Ember, died in 2010, I know I heard her collar and tags jingle several times. I really think she came to reassure me that she was no longer in any pain, and that she still loved "our" cat Wintressia and me. She had such a huge heart and spirit in life that there's no way it just dissipated after her death ;}

But, I don't really have any faith that I will see my pets after I die, or that I myself have an enduring spirit. However, keeping Ember's ashes with me, and putting her tags onto my keyring, has helped me immensely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Cat

I'm not religious either, but I'm agnostic and am open to the potential belief in many things. We can't really know for sure either way, so I keep an open mind.

That said, I do like to hope that there's something out there. Or, rather, that humans and animals can find at least some kind of peace once they die.

I don't know if I really like the thought of them being able to watch us from wherever they are (I know I for one would stress out if I were forced to watch my loved ones and not be able to do/say anything to them, ever) but that's just me.

Proud parent of Scamper (age 12) and Robin (age 4)
At the rainbow bridge: Slippy, Faramir, Gabriel, Lucky, Ammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page