Who needs a weather alert radio? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Who needs a weather alert radio?

I was at the computer when I heard a large rumble. I thought it was one of the farmers going down the road with a string of empty gravity wagons. I went out the front door and looked up and down the road. Nothing in site. Then I heard it again. It was thunder, not the load crack just a very loud rumble. Came in and thought I had better bring some more wood in for the stove. When I went to the back door, all 3 cats couldn't wait to come in. Sounded real nasty, but we only got 10 mins. of rain, hail and winds. Thought it would be much worst.

My cats aren't spoilt, Just well loved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Premier Cat

Yes, I can usually tell when a storm is coming because Jack will run for the nearest sofa to hide under. All 26+ pounds of him! Squished flat as can be under there with his BIG eyes peering out. Most of our storms come from the west here so I can usually look out and see the storm clouds coming ahead of time but as soon as that thunder rumbles my cats take off. I agree, save your money - we have weather alert systems right in our own homes!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Cat Addict

That happened here tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Senior Cat

My cat, Lucy, sits in the middle of the stairwell! I call her my weather alert cat!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucille & Koko
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2015, 12:36 AM
Cool Cat

On the 23rd, we had bad storms and tornado warnings locally. I knew a storm was headed our way but didn't know how close it was - until I saw Ellie bolt up from a deep sleep, pupils big, looking out the window. About 30 seconds later a huge rumble of thunder, pouring rain and massive wind gusts came out of nowhere! I agree, cats are the perfect weather alert!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page