My formerly cat hating husband has been converted - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Cat

My formerly cat hating husband has been converted

Despite the fact that our cat possesses almost every negative characteristic that cat haters mention when explaining why they hate cats, my husband has fallen in love. Tonight one of our local shelters posted a picture of an adorable calico kitten on their Facebook page. I commented that it was too bad we couldn't take her. He said, "Why not?" I mentioned that our landlord had only approved 1 cat. He said, "Are you sure? Maybe he will allow one more." I can't believe this is the same man who once swore he would never have a cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 06:02 AM
Cat Addict

Love this post.
My husband had never had animals before but it took just hours for Lulu to have him wrapped around her little paw
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 07:47 AM
Cool Cat

This gives me great hope for Mark. He has never lived with a cat before and is having some adjustment issues with Amelia. It isn't bad, but he is much more accepting of the dogs. Amelia's counter surfing is his biggest complaint, followed by her nighttime activity level. I think she will worm her way into his heart over time, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I think one thing that has really helped is that every time he sits in his recliner Caspian will curl up next to him and go to sleep.

My husband would like a dog, but we both agree we should wait until we have a house with a yard. I've never had a dog before, so that will be a big adjustment for me.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 12:07 PM
Cat

When I was younger I wasnt overly fond of cats.

Then I was introduced to these Norwegian Forest Cats a friend had.

Now I have one of my own - for coming up on 6 weeks - and I cannot imagine life now without her.

You just need to find the right cat, and there is no hope for you =)

Abigail is such a sweet natured cat, she has won over several of my cat disliking friends, who enjoy it when she jumps up for some snuggles!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 11:58 PM
Cat

I am always thinking about Seinfeld's comments about cats being perfect for men, because they don't require much commitment.

My stoic husband is a closet cat lover. He won't touch them, feed them or do anything with them. He mostly tolerates him.

The tabby cat, Otis, is the most annoying cat on the planet, but he loves my dh. He sleeps on his side of the bed after he leaves, waits for him to come home, and is forever trying to get a space on his lap before dh shoos him away.

Otis is getting older, has some medical problems, and I suspect he has some dementia. He peed on our son's bed this morning, which hasn't happened in 15 years of having that cat. As we talked about what to do about Otis if this becomes a thing, dh defended him, insisting it had to be the other cat. Otis is innocent. He would never do that.

It was heartwarming to see this stoic guy who won't so much as pet the cat get upset about the idea of "doing something" about Otis. He loves that cat!

(Otis wasn't innocent, but was locked in son's room all day, so it hopefully is just an incident).
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Premier Cat

LOVE this!! Once you go cat - you don't go back!!

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebS View Post
Amelia's counter surfing is his biggest complaint, followed by her nighttime activity level. I think she will worm her way into his heart over time, though.
Try a Ssscat! I ordered one and set it up behind my couch because my Lacey was pooping there. One spray that sounds like a hiss was enough to redirect her to the litter box!!

My two new kitties, Ruff and Reddy are counter surfers so I'm going to set it up at night on the counters to deter them. I love this thing - it's a motion activated forced air canister. Available on Amazon.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 01:27 PM
Cool Cat

I'm off to Amazon to order now, Marcia! Thanks for the info!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 03:36 AM
Premier Cat

It could be just me, but my cat G isn't afraid of the air canister, I've got SEVERAL, lol. The thing is, he and Maya seem to know when that thing is switched on. Maya's a less counter surfer, but G is always finding ways to be up super, duper high and just sit up on top of my kitchen cabinet...sigh. DebS, make sure you stock up on those refill canisters, I find myself going through a can much faster because more than half the time, I'm the trigger!

Sundown, hearing this post makes me very happy to hear how much our pets can change us all for the better! And hope for anyone else who has doubts/fears about owning cats! Before you realize, your heart has been stolen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page