Kitty came running when I had a panic attack, she was downstairs - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Kitty came running when I had a panic attack, she was downstairs

It was really cute in hindsight but she was no where near me, in fact, right before it happened I had come upstairs leaving her in her window perch DOWNSTAIRS and then a message I got triggered a panic attack and within a minute I heard the jingle of Zoe's bell and she was running, she came running into my room and into my lap.
Cute as heck in hindsight, but how did she know I was freaking out from all the way downstairs???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Kitten

Ah kitty knew you were in distress!!!!!

Im glad your ok

God bless our kitty friends!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Jr. Cat

somehow they know. Alex used to make the best nurse, when I or one of the kids was sick he laid right next to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 09:04 PM
Kitten

Yup lower life forms usually have terrific senses
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 09:10 PM
Cat

I think some cats just know. My step sister's daughter's (step niece??) cat once saved her life. The daughter lived in the basement apartment of her mother's house. Her cat never went into the main house without her. One day the cat went into the house and wouldn't leave my step sister alone. She took the cat downstairs and discovered her daughter had tried to take her own life with sleeping pills.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Cool Cat

I believe animals are so much more in tune with the energy around us and they can sense our emotions much better than most other humans. We humans just become desensitized to it over time usually because we get so many mixed signals from language and facial expressions, etc... so even if we DO feel that energy broadcasting our true emotions, we question it because we'll SAY we're fine when really we're not or something. animals don't have spoken words so they are not fooled. they know the truth.

Your kitty KNEW you needed comfort and that's so awesome that she wanted to be there for you!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 06:16 PM
Premier Cat

I don't know that it's anything mystical. A panic attack causes an increase in breathing rate. MowMow is SUPER sensitive to that. If I start to hyperventilate he goes bonkers clmbing on me.

The cat may have just heard a change in breathing and realized it indicated a problem.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Cat Addict

Ditto what Krissy said. But, I think it has to do with your scent as well. Since human's have such a crappy sense of smell (comparatively) we don't even consider this, but when your emotional state changes so do your hormones, and the scent you give off. Animals can definitely smell the change in emotional state and some will react to it very strongly - especially if they can't see you.

Each animal has a sense hierarchy; which sense will they 'believe' or trust first. With people we tend to believe what someone says (sense of hearing/speaking), then their body language (visual sense), then everything else all jumbled together. Dogs and cats both go FIRST to body language (visual), then to the way you smell, and THEN to sounds.

This causes a lot of inter-species communication issues, but in some cases it's a positive. In this case, you've found a positive, as animals can often help with improving our mental states to some extent.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmmmm, so my bratz DO know when I'm about to murderize them.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 07:25 PM
Cat Addict

Yup. And when you're faking being mad. Muffin's a pro at calling my 'Mad Mommy' bluff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page