Helping mom and kitten! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Helping mom and kitten!

At the shelter where I volunteer, 2 cats came in last week, a mom and her only surviving kitten. She and her boy are black with white markings.

Both tested strong positive for FIV.

FIV cats, as we all know, are hard to home. My hat's off to all the people out there who take in FIV or FLV kittos, give these guys a loving home, and a chance to be cats.

No one responded to the pleas on our website and Facebook page, but fortunately there's a rescue in Chicago that's agreed to care for them.

I hope they stay well, find some loving humans. They don't seem sick at all, for the moment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Jr. Cat

If I didn't already have a kitten I'd take the little guy! With proper care they can be perfectly happy pets with long lives. Hopefully they can find them a home, even if they get separate homes. I wouldn't have been the least bit deterred by a positive diagnosis with my first. Maybe someone who already has a positive cat will want one or both of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taco and ChaChi
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I've got a new friend

...at the shelter where I volunteer!

Esther's little and gray, and loves to be picked up and held! I was working in the clinic, and I held her for a while. Then I said 'Sorry, Esther, I've got work to do' and put her down. Nonsense! She ran up my leg and onto my shoulder! It's not easy to clean carriers with a kitten on your shoulder. I managed, somehow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page