Finnegan! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 03:20 PM
Cool Cat

Heh. Some women are really good with guys. Sounds like you are one. Congrats on the new family member, he's precious. Looking forward to the pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Some group photos!

Right before trying their first strawberry...

This picture makes me laugh. Zero's face is so silly! I love these goofballs so much.

This last one is a picture of Spud and I that I took the other day. I really like it so I am adding it here because I'm not sure where else to post it!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Everything is going pretty well here. Zero is a very cool cat, but he has so many quirks. Some are amusing and others are not ideal. He's very loving towards humans but can be extremely rude to the other animals in the house and is just generally much more anxious/skeptical than Spud and Flea. It's only been such a short period of time (less than two months) so I'm hoping as time passes he will continue to mature and adjust. He is food and toy aggressive and I'm not sure that will ever go away, as he started displaying those behaviors around 6 weeks of age, so I kind of feel like it's just a part of who he is. I put him in a separate room for meal time and try my best to moderate their play with toys. It's annoying, and I really would like for it to go away, but it's not something that we can't live with.

All three kittens were neutered three weeks ago today and have recovered nicely. It's such a relief to have that over with. Tomorrow morning Zero will go for his FVRCP booster and rabies vaccine. That will hopefully be our last vet visit for a looong while.

I'll try to update this thread every now and then with new pictures.

Thanks for looking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 AM
Cool Cat

Those pics are wonderful! They are all so cute, and yes, they do have such funny expressions sometimes. I would think that Zero will mellow over time, or Spud and Flea will assert themselves and slap him down so there will be more peace in the ranks. They're young yet, but *somebody* is going to be the top of the pecking order.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you, Eldercat! We are so happy to have Zero. He brings so much to our family dynamic and is tons of fun to have around. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the future holds as they continue to grow into their adult selves. It's also very clear that I am Zero's favorite out of everyone in the house, so not only is he a lot of fun, but he's smart, too.

I hate to say it but I didn't even recognize that cats have a pecking order. Actually, I take that back. I suppose I should say that I just never thought about the fact that my babies would develop one. I've seen a cat colony in action (the one that Spud, Flea and Zero would have been born into if we didn't take them in) and it's really neat to watch how they have everything mapped out to a T. All three of my boys are extremely bonded, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I still have so much to learn about these magnificent creatures. I have had dogs my entire life and am really comfortable with and well educated on dog care and behavior. I can't say the same for cats at all. I about rushed Spud to the emergency vet during his first sneeze (in my defense...it is the weirdest sneeze ever!).
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Premier Cat

That must be some sneeze! Do you have audio/video?

It LOOKS like everyone gets along...

The thing with cats is, they don't like to be ALL figured out! They like to keep us on our toes...

Beautiful dogs, btw!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Cat

No audio or video of it, sorry! And the times that he does it are so few and far in between, it's actually only happened twice (to my knowledge).

Everyone is getting along much better. It's been a good week. Zero loves to bop the dogs any chance he gets. They don't mind, and I find it to be so adorable.

Thanks, bluemilk. My dogs are really great. They are so sweet, and absolutely amazing with the kittens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page