Finnegan! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Finnegan!

From February through April, I fostered a litter of 11 kittens. I rehomed them all to responsible people and keep in touch with everyone that adopted a kitten.

One of the kittens was Finn. His owner contacted me a few days ago and said she could no longer keep him. We met at the vet yesterday to make the switch (and first make sure that he was healthy before bringing him into my home) and now he is officially back.

I have had an ad up but no replies yet. His neuter isn't until the first week of July anyway, and there is no rush.

I really like this cat. So does my SO. He is ridiculously cuddly and sweet. He slept with us last night... snuggled with me all night long and woke me up with kisses this morning.

It's very neat to see how well (and just generally sound and happy) all of the kittens I fostered have turned out, especially since it was my first time fostering! Such a rewarding thing.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the Finn. The first one was taken when he was about 7 weeks old and the second one was taken this past week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1466864565863.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	106617  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1466864586692.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	106625  

Last edited by Spea; 06-25-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Cool Cat

I hope you find him an excellent forever home. He looks like a real darling. Also hope the reason for return was *real*, not some "don't like black cats" rubbish.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you Eldercat. He really is a sweetheart.

I don't think that his return had to do with his coat color, as the person that returned him had an older black cat that she owned for years.

I am having a ton of fun with him, he's a very cool cat and so different from Spud (his biological brother) but also a lot like him in other ways. It's neat to see all of the differences and similarities. I'm beginning to realize that he may be staying longer than I initially anticipated. I've had essentially no interest in him and it's been almost a week since I've started looking. I spoke to one woman last night but it was not promising. Other than that, not a single inquiry. It doesn't help that it's kitten season and there are much younger, more colorful kittens available by the dozen. It makes me sad because he really is an amazing cat. He deserves to have a forever home, not be in limbo. However, because we think that he's going to be here for longer, we've started calling him Zero (he didn't know the name Finn anyway) because Finn and Flea are too close of names for my liking. Flea comes running whenever he is called, and I don't want to confuse him.

He still doesn't get along with my boys. The first day was all growling and hissing (mostly from him) but as the days have passed they've started to play with each other's paws from under the door. It was still a wild hissing match whenever they actually saw each other though. But yesterday I had just him and Spud out and they played pretty nicely side by side (with a teaser) so there is hope in that area. He is having none of Flea and Flea is having none of him though.

He also hates my poor dogs, who are great with cats and just want to be friends. They've been very respectful of his space, but that's not good enough for him apparently . Their mere existence is too much for him at this point. This week has consisted of a lot of rotations of all of the animals in the house. My guys have been confined more than they are normally used to and I am thankful for their patience and ability to adapt so easily.

Other than that, things are going well. He is all about physical affection. He sleeps with us every night and purrs and cuddles the whole time. Still wakes me up with kisses every day. I love it. It's a nice change from our two boys who couldn't care less about physical affection and almost never want to cuddle.

He's being neutered in a week so I'm hoping that that will make him a bit more adoptable.

That's about all I have to report. I'm gonna try to post some new pics later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 07:09 AM
Cool Cat

If you weren't on the other side of the planet I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's my kind of cat. I'm not really in the market for another cat - until I get the feral's problems under control I should not have another cat here at all. Might be contagious. Plus, I'm old, and if I get another cat it should be geriatric, like me!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 08:14 AM
Cool Cat

I hope he finds a wonderful forever home soon. He sounds like a darling!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Hehe, funny, Eldercat! I'm really not in the market for another cat either. Four animals is more animals than I ever expected to have in my home at one time, and Zero makes five. I am falling so hard for him though...so fast.

Thank you DebS. I hope he finds a good home too. He deserves it. Thinking about him leaving stings a little, though. I am most definitely enjoying our time together.

Just a little update... Zero and Spud are pals now! Wrestling, chasing each other, being sweet brothers. Zero is so happy to have someone to play with. I'm glad he's becoming more comfortable here. Flea has still not come around, and he totally instigates too! I have hope that they will get on eventually though. For now, we are taking things very slowly in that department.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 07:52 AM
Cool Cat

Spea, 4 doesn't sound so terrible to me - I had 8 cats at one time. That really was a bit much and I was incredibly lucky that everybody was healthy as I also had a house full of little kids. My situation is that I cannot catch the feral, only feed and flea treat him, and I *know* he is not well, he has pillowfoot and hair loss and is pitifully thin... but he is not someone to be picked up, nor is he interested in being in a trap again... been there once, now is shy of any metal thing. Sigh. I keep working on him.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 06:52 PM
Premier Cat

Sheesh. I have 7! NEVER in my wildest dreams did I imagine having 7. Finnegan looks like a total love. I adore black cats - have only had one of my own and she was a total jerk. I've fostered many and have loved dearly each one! I would be hard pressed not to keep him.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Spea!
I'm with Marcia! Four kitties are a drop in the bucket, compared to the little 'Pride of House Lions' I have!:p
Finn/Zero sounds like a keeper to me!
Marcia...you're catching up to me!!
Sharon

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-02-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Hi everyone...thanks for your kind words. Dropping in to share some great news, we have officially adopted Zero! That makes three cats and two dogs. We are at maximum capacity right now. Out of the seven beings in our household (the animals, myself and my SO) there are six males and one female. I am seriously outnumbered.

It's funny, before this year I really never even considered owning a cat. Now I have three and am so ridiculously in love with each of them.

Pictures to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page