Old Thread About Fish Reminded Me... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Old Thread About Fish Reminded Me...

I was just reading old threads and I came across one in the Behavior section about a fish tank and a new cat. It reminded me of a hilarious story about Mitzi when she was young (she is 19 now). We used to have a big fish tank with about 100 fish in it. Mitzi wouldn't bother them at all, she would just stare at them and she never tried to get at them once. Well, one day my dad and brother were up near the hotsprings (natural sulfur hotsprings) and there were these neat looking fish swimming around in the hot water pools. So they captured one (against National Park rules but my dad is notorious for ignoring them when they are this silly) and they brought it home and put it in with our fish. The next day, every single fish was gone except that hot water fish - he had eaten every single one!!!! And the fish was 3 times the size it was originally!! So anyway.......months later our neighbor was going out of town and wanted us to "babysit" his fish for a few months. He said he would rather us take his tank than come to his house to feed them. We didn't think anything about Mitzi because she never bothered the fish that we had....but the morning after we got his fish, we walked into the room and there was the cat sleeping surrounded by misc. fish parts and she had eaten every one of them! Whoops!

tanyuh

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 04:54 PM

Hehehe... that's funny My cat likes fishing. He went through a phase of bringing little goldfish in through the catflap. One morning I came downstairs and there was a fish all mushed up all over the place... it was DISGUSTING. And once he brought in a sardine he'd found in a bin outside, with tomato sauce all over it, pretending he'd caught it himself but I wasn't fooled...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2003, 09:39 PM

lol thats funny. Silly little cats! It's so cute how they think they are bringing us this wonderful gift but it's just so Nasty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2003, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Ewww, mushy fish?? Mitzi brought in a live mouse once. She was 14 at the time and I think she was a little too lazy to play with it much so she just went to sleep and let it have the run of the house, haha. The next morning all I heard was ear-wrenching screaming from my mom! Our indoor cats here just catch the bugs for us. I saw the legs of what must have been a huge, ugly grasshopper type creature on the floor the other day. GROSS! Thankfully I didn't see the bug intact, I would have freaked out! I would rather have the mouse!!

tanyuh

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 12:27 PM

Jet has been on a hunting spree recently. Only this morning he presented me with a mouse (dead) and there was another one yesterday. Last week there was a bird flapping round the kitchen squawking its head off... luckily I managed to catch it and put it outside. Jet sulked for about an hour afterwards though
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
My mother used to pet our cats and praise them for catching a mouse. You know, I'm sure, that the mouse or bird is so that you don't go hungry. They do it for their kittens also, so although when they knead our tummies, etc., we are the mommies and daddies, they also consider us their kittens. So you have to do as Mom did; tell your cat what a wonderful, beautiful mouse that is, and thank them profusely.---even if you're not particularly hungry for mice that day! Bless their little hearts. We're pretty big babies.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Premier Cat

Oh dear! I hope your neighbor was understanding of why his fish were gone! Thank goodness my cats don't go outside I'm sure Sugar would be bringing home some nasty fish or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page