Story about my brother who claims not to like cats.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2003, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
Story about my brother who claims not to like cats....

I think this story is cute. My brother has 2 big dogs (a boxer and a pitbull)--he claims not to like cats, but I think he is full of it. I remember when we were little we went to stay with our dad for the weekend and the neighbor boys were the biggest bullies around. Well, they used to pick on my brother and he wouldn't stick up for himself. One day the bratty boys were in the backyard trying to drown a cat in a swimming pool. My sissy brother went over and took that cat away from them like he was the meanest boy around! That little kitty was scared so bad--she jumped out of his arms and took off running. We chased her to the front yard to make sure those boys didn't get her again, she ended up underneath a parked car. We hovered around that car for hours trying to get that cat. We talked our mom into letting us keep the cat, so we finally caught her and took her home. We named her Samantha. She was the best kitty. We had her for many years and one day she never came home. I never did find out what happened to her, but I miss her greatly. Well, now that my brother is the "big dog guy," he claims to not like cats. It is funny that every time he comes over, Yoda goes straight to him like she loves him more than kitty treats! I think Yoda is a smart cat, and she probably knows that he really likes her--and that is why she runs straight to him! I just wanted to share this story because it makes me smile. I think it also taught me to keep my sweet babies inside so they wouldn't get hurt or disappear! And to my brother, Chris.....if you ever visit the CatForum-- because I know you really do like cats--just know this...Cats Rule!!! Doggies Drool!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 08:43 AM

Brilliant story! Of course he likes them really - if it weren't for him then your Samantha would've been drowned. Sounds like Yoda can see right through him. Cats always know a true cat lover!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I agree. kittygirl. My sister says she hates cats, but when my cat had kittens she marveled at the way mother cat carried them. I had brought one for her to hold, and mother cat came running in to the living room and got it. Then she bathed it thoroughly, and I told my sister she was saying, "I just can't stand that people smell in the house!"

p.s. She also fed a feral cat and its kittens when they lived in an old fireplace in her back yard. She said that when the kittens were old enough, mother cat picked each one up and carried it to the back porch of a neighbor! Smart mommy, huh?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
How could you not love those little fur balls? I can't resist! (((=
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2003, 12:50 AM
Premier Cat

Im glad your brother likes cats deep down inside and cats like him too. Its a great deed that he saved your future cat, what idiotic jerks to mess with cats like that. Most guys I know say cats are for girls so maybe thats also another reason guys dont admit to liking cats even if they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page