Chemical burn - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 431
Chemical burn

I rescued two cats, at different times, who suffered chemical burns to their bodies. The first one was burned over 95% of her body and she didn't survive. The other was luckier and was only burned over 5%. She is doing well with no ill effects. Seems this is the act of cruelty choice going on in Kenner, LA. Anyone out there experience such a horror?
lotocats is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Cool Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 994
Luckily that usn't common in these parts. Do you know what kind of chemical?
Bean is offline  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2004, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 431
No

No, the vet didn't know what type of chemical it was. It burned the skin down to the bone, but didn't blister.
lotocats is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome