This ever happen to you... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

This ever happen to you...

This is kind of a weird story... but it scared me to death...

I woke up one morning... my cat was laying beside me... I reached out and scratched his back... but he felt... very... very... cold... and he didn't move.

I sort of woke up very quickly after that. I looked at him very closely... I didn't see his chest moving up and down or anything. I was in one of those denial moment thinking "Maybe if I don't touch him... he won't be dead" I remember trying to remember how old he was at the time 9? 10? How long did cats live anyway?! I actually started crying and shaking and rubbing his cold body... for some reason he snapped back to life and he gave me this "What the **** do you want?! I'm sleeping here!" kind of look. I ended up hugging him and smothering him with kisses... of course he was wondering what in the heck had gotten into me. He was probably thinking to himself "Mommy has finally lost it..." He felt warm to the touch finally. I'm still debating on if he was actually warm... but his fur was cold... I guess I'll never know.

I'm not sure what was wrong with him that day... or why he didn't wake up when I petted him. He normally snaps to if anyone walks by him much less touches him. Whatever was wrong with him - if anything at all - it was a scarey moment in my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:49 PM

I have had that happen to my special needs kitty.. I shaked that cat and he wouldn't budge!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 08:03 PM

I do that with my outside kitties, especially if they are older. I'll look to see if they're breathing, decide in a panic that they are not, and open the door to see that same, "Why did you wake me!" glare you mentioned. Then I hug and kiss them to death and consider medication for my nerves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page