Little guy,the kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jessicat
Little guy,the kitten

This is a story about a small kitten named Little guy.

About 7 years ago,my cat Snuffy delivered a beautiful litter of 4 kittens.They all seemed healthy except for one...When all the the kittens began to walk,and they're eyes were opening,we noticed that one small male kitten wasn't walking corectly..or growing at all.His lower body(lower back,lower legs,and tail) weren't moving at all...finally when he grew to the age of 2 weeks we called a vet.They said that something happened to him while he was in the mother cat,or it was something with his genetics.

We took him in and they said that there was nothing they could do for him.He was far to small for any type of surgery,and his bones weren't growing at all.They said we had a choice of putting him down right there and then or letting him die at home.The vet said he was in no pain and that his front legs were very strong.We chose to let him live out his days at home.They said that he would live for up to 3 weeks longer.Me and my friend Jaci played with him daily,he was so small and cute.Everyday when we would come over to my house he would run up to us both with his front legs going crazy.

As the other kittens grew,the mother still cared for him.She cleaned him so he could go to the bathroom and fed him.We did have to feed him ourselfs once a day because sometimes the other kittens would push him away from the milk.Me and Jaci soon gave him the name little guy.It wasn't much of a name,but it suited him.He was so small,he fitted in the palm of my hand.

About 2 weeks later he began acting strange,with some breathing problems.On a thusday,when I got home from school,he was beginning to pass away.I called Jaci over and we held him for a while and he finally died about 15 or so minutes later.Me and Jaci dug a small hole beside a big mulberry tree in my backyard,we wrapped him in a cloth and burried him there.We put a small stone over the hole and wrote his name and the year of his death.1997,in the middle of spring.

Every year we re-write over his name in permanent ink,and every spring I lay a flower and a few mulberry leaves on the little stone.His 2 brothers and 1 sister grew up healthy.His sister has the same gray fur and black stripes as him.Something about Little Guy changed me and my friend Jaci.Whenever I think about Little Guy I cry,but I am still happy that he died peacefully.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Premier Cat

Tears. Im glad Little Guy got to know love in his few short days. You are a wonderful person for remembering him. A sweet tribute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page