This morning's events - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

This morning's events

So, this morning I woke up early to go across the street to share breakfast with my honey. When I get home later that morning, I open the door and Scotty stands in front of it (he's never jumped out or anything before) and peaks his head out (which Brandon can see across the parking lot). Well, the next thing I know is Scotty has darted OUT and behind the bushes of my place. I was stunned! Brandon starts running (to head Scotty off) but I get to him quickly enough and pick him up. As I walk to my apartment he freaks out and literally jumps out of my hands and into the apartment. PHEW!

Then, as we're making sure Scotty is no longer freaked out, we look at Oscar (who was fine a mere two minutes before) and see that his paws are bloody and his collar is stuck on his lower jaw!! (I was in tears freaking out so bad). Well, I was trying to loosen the collar (it IS a breakaway collar, btw) so we could rotate it and undo it, but I was getting scared so as I grab the scissors, Brandon (who was restraining Oscar on the floor) says that he's got it rotated so I could pull. After we get the darned thing off (grrrr) I checked all of his claws on the front to make sure that the blood was from the collar and not from the nails getting ripped out.

If I never have to go through a morning like that again, I'll be SO happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Tom Cat

Oh Jade I'm so sorry, it is so scary when you see your kitty hurt and don't know what it's from. Thank God it was minor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Icklemiss21!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks for the hug. I'm also thanking God it was soooo minor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Cat Addict

I find it very interesting the way Scotty reacted to this, as if he was going to get help ?? maybe..BUT also a big part of his behavior was panic, I am sure.
I can only imagine how you felt. I'm happy it is all back to normal.
Hugs from me too!

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana
I find it very interesting the way Scotty reacted to this, as if he was going to get help ?? maybe..BUT also a big part of his behavior was panic, I am sure.
I can only imagine how you felt. I'm happy it is all back to normal.
Hugs from me too!
I find it interesting, too...

((((HUGS))))

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page