My son's cat that lives with us *THE STORY IS HERE* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

My son's cat that lives with us *THE STORY IS HERE*

Jazzlyn

Story of why she is with us later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Awww, she's taking a shower.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Premier Cat

AWWW..I have a tuxy that likes running
water too. He always runs for the faucet if
he thinks your going there! Very cute guy you have there

OK what is the story???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 12:07 AM
MA

Beautiful markings. One of my tabbies love the faucet too. It cracks me when they drink like that.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

Neat, a cat that actually likes water!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Ok, the story. It is long. I am a wildlife rehabilitator, I rehab sick, injured and orphaned wildlife. Mostly squirrels. I am obssesed with them. Cats are their worst enemy. I learned to hate cats. In my backyard, I put up 3 squirrel houses and would go from window to window and watch the squirrels and watch the babies as they ventured out of the nest for the first time. I would put out food daily. Well, behind us is a horse farm and their feral cats would come and try to get the squirrels. They would climb the trees and try to get into the squirrels houses. I would chase them and my son would shoot them with his paint ball gun. No harm done though, those buggars could run! I even went as far as to trap one, I still feel awful, and took it to a farm, asked the people if I could let it go there, they said yes and when I let it go, it ran like the wind across the street into a corn field. I still to this day feel so awfull that I did this, BUT, I might of saved it's life. The other barn cats all died of distemper about 6 months later! Inbreeding didn't help either, a lot of disformed cats. I never bothered the cats again except for shooting a cap gun and chasing them. NOW, my dad lived alone and was disabled, he had cats in his yard too and I also fed his squirrels. I would chase the cats, but that was the extent of it. My dad knew I hated cats and would tease me about getting him one. He died 2 years ago and thinking back, I really think he wanted one for company. OKay, my brother has lived in Hawaii for 30 years, the house went to him. My son moved in to take care of it. 3 years ago, my son got stupid and got a kitten! Weird, because my dad wanted one, and he now lived in my dad's house! I was mad and told him he was crazy! Welllllllllll........... he brought her over one day 3 years ago, and guess what????? I fell in love with her and that day I took her to petsmart and bought her a lot of toys! I even got her xmas pictures taken for a gift for my son! We would cat sit a lot for my son, we loved her to death! I never thought I would like cats!!! We offered him $2,000.00 for her and he refused to give her to us!! A lot of things went on for 2 years,I no longer rehab squirrels and I love animals and I really wanted an animal to love. I was thinking about getting a sugar glider, but I thought if I couldnt keep my hamster safe, she got in the ceiling, had to make a hole and get her out, then she escaped through the dryer vent, never to be seen again, I couldnt take care of a sugar glider. A dog? forget that! Well, a cat it is. At first my hubby said no, but when I found Mango on Petfinders and he was a Hurricane Katrina rescue and has orange eyes, we fell in love. Never, NEVER did we think we would have a cat. I really think my dad had this planned out for us! Mango is our life now. All thanks to my son! Now, my brother decide to move back to my dad's house. He is bipolar and has really never worked a real job in his life. He had a dive boat and did diving and fishing charters in Hawaii. He always milked my dad for money. As you might guessed, my son moved out thanksgiving weekend because of a big fight over money with my brother. I was in Florida for the weekend, so he moved back in with us after 5 years! His cat in tow. Well, remember, I have Mango. His cat has to stay in his room and Mango sits outside of the door. After offering all that money for Jaz, we finally get her back into our house. One problem, Mango! My son's cat is weird, that is another story, and it is impossible for the two to be together.
So we put Mango in our bedroom and let Jaz out and visa versa. Jaz won't let us near her, growls and bites then runs back upstairs and under the bed where she spends most of her life now. I feel so bad for her and just want to grab her and love her, no, no with her! So now that is the boring story on how she came back to live with us!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Jaz loves water and will try and get in the shower with my son!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page