Look what came up on my porch last night. **UPDATED** - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Look what came up on my porch last night. **UPDATED**

I was letting Angel back in last night (she likes to sit outside on the porch every now and then) and when I went to get her in, I could tell that she was staring very hard at something. Thats when I heard the meows. So, I put Angel in the house, and went back out and called the cat. He/She came on the porch, but would not get any closer to me than about two feet. I came back in and got a can of wet food and put it out on the porch and then waited. He/She came right up. I got a couple of pics, but I didnt want to take more than that because I didnt want to spook the cat. I wish I could catch it some how. We live out in the country, with not too many neighbors, and I dont think she belongs to any of them. She doesnt look like she has not been fed.

Anywho, here He/She is.

Life may not always be the party we thought it would be, but while we're here, we might as well dance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

The kitty does look well fed and groomed.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

This cat is very skiddish though. Also very pretty, I would love to take her in. I hate to think that someone just dropped her off out here.

Life may not always be the party we thought it would be, but while we're here, we might as well dance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Premier Cat

Looks just like my Dusty!
Dusty is a chocolate brown tabby with huge feet and flurry fur. He showed up two years ago and I tamed him (quickly) and had him neutered. He decided this summer that he liked air conditioning and now he likes central heating, too.
Heidi

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned

Aww, looks like my Baby , so sweet. I hope you take him/her!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Well, I went outside tonight and called for the cat. Not even two mins. after I called him, there he was. I took another can of wet food out on the porch with me and squated down to try and pet him, and he let me! That went well, so I decided to pick him up, he let me do that too. I brought him inside and put the food in a dish in the laundry room. He is still skittish, but yet I can tell he has been around people. I checked, and it looks like he is a boy. He is settled down in the laundry room for now. I am going to keep him ....... unless my DH really puts his foot down about it, I dont think he will though.

Well now, he needs a name and a trip to the vet. I may wait on the name until he goes to the vet and the vet confirms that he is infact a boy.

I got some better pics tonight too, please excuse the mess that is my laundry room.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Cat Addict

He's a handsom boy, and looks to be pretty well cared for. I wonder if someone's missing him...

I would ask around and maybe post an ad in the classifieds just to be sure.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Yes, I guess I should post an ad in the local paper and see if anyone is missing him, but I sure dont want to do that. He is so pretty and I want to keep him. Thats selfish, I know.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Cat Addict

I know it must be tempting... he is beautiful and sounds like he's very friendly too... but some little kid or devoted owner may be very upset that they lost their pet...

But I'm sure you'll do the right thing, and if you get to keep him you'll know it was meant to be
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Premier Cat

What beautiful green eyes he has, and a friendly expression...
Is he soft to pet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page