4 legged family members - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

4 legged family members

The first photo is Princess, she belongs to my 7yr old daughter Skyla. Got her for her after she told me she was saving her change up to buy a cat I got her from a lady at work who preached about spaying/neutering but NEVER saw fit to get her's done. I think she had close to 20 cats here recently.

#2 is Puss (short for puss n boots) At my wifes work there was a stray kitten/male running around. A neighbor was trying to trap it for the humane society. My wife let it out of the trap and couldnt catch him (as timid as he was he would of been labeled unadoptable) . The next nite we hear the dogs barking and this guy is running around the yard (2nd cat to hitch a ride under the hood of our van) . We fed him some spaghetti but it was still weeks before I could pet him. He is still timid but we can all pet him. Just not other people.

#3 and #4 After losing a litter of kittens I decided to take Princess and get her fixed. While at the vet these two where in a cage and I felt sorry for them. So for 20$ I adopted them both. They are brothers. The first is Moses, also my daughters. He has absolutely no tail at all. #2 is Snubs, he has a little bit of tail I think you can see in the photo. I think Moses is the better looking of the two but they are both cute. Sorry I talk alot, but I get started about my pets and its hard to stop talking about them

and Snubs

Also sense getting the two brothers the day of getting Princess fixed she sort of adopted them. Though they wasnt her's she still breast fed them although they where 6 weeks old. When Puss try's to play with "her" baby's she runs him off. They may not be pedigreed but theyre great. Oh any guesses what the bobtails may be mixed with? I know the photos arent the best but it was nitetime and I wanted to share lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

What wonderful, beautiful cats! You big softie!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Premier Cat

What a lovely family!! I have 2 bobtails also- one with no tail, and one with a tail about the length of Snubs .

So glad that you posted your pictures!!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
What pretty cats!

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Premier Cat

Aren't cats with bob or no tails called Manx? Princess would be called a tortoiseshell calico.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to SpoiledRottenPrinces Send a message via Yahoo to SpoiledRottenPrinces
Princess is just adorable. I have a thing for calico cats, even though I have never owned one.. Kinda of doesn't make sense huh? She is very beautiful though!!

-::-:*'""*:.-::-* Erika *-::-:*'""*:.-::-
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks for the nice words about our extended family. I guess it would of been sensible to tell there ages. Princess is a little over a year old now. Snubs and Moses are probly 3-4 months old now. Theres not much telling about Puss except he was a young cat when we got him. He has grown alot. Though he isnt snipped he stays home. Never leaves the yard or shop. I too have a soft spot for calico's. All the colours you could want all on one cat My wife describes her as looking like someone threw up on her I was thinking the two bobbies could be manx/manx mix's but im not sure. Ill keep posting photo's till someone makes me quit
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks for the nice words about our extended family. I guess it would of been sensible to tell there ages. Princess is a little over a year old now. Snubs and Moses are probly 3-4 months old now. Theres not much telling about Puss except he was a young cat when we got him. He has grown alot. Though he isnt snipped he stays home. Never leaves the yard or shop. I too have a soft spot for calico's. All the colours you could want all on one cat My wife describes her as looking like someone threw up on her I was thinking the two bobbies could be manx/manx mix's but im not sure. Ill keep posting photo's till someone makes me quit
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Cat

Send a message via MSN to WiccanWolf
As Puss gets older he will start looking for females. I would get him neutered now before that "instinct" blooms. We lost a male that was very close to me because of that. He left one day and we never saw him again. He wasn't in the pound and there was no evidence he'd been hit or anything and he really wasn't all that friendly to anyone but me and hubby for the most part so I don't think anyone thought him friendly enough to pick up.

^.".^
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Me and the wife intend on fixing the 3 males when we can. Im sure strays/unwanted cats/dogs are a problem everywhere but its insane here. Like I said the lady I got princess from had 20 kittens here lately (she cant afford them) My neighbors also have right around 20 kittens and they havent spayed there females yet. Last thing I want to do is add to the problem. I didnt relize how soon cats can get pregnant again. Very shortly after Princess lost her first litter I got her spayed and she was pregnant again already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page